Territory: Fresno/Oakland (No Relocation)
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV is seeking an experienced, results-driven professional in Specialty Sales for the position of Territory Account Manager (TAM). The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV treatment will be essential to delivering success in this role. Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with territory and account level goals.
Successful outcomes will include selling to HCPs, servicing their accounts, and being aligned to ViiV's mission of leaving no person with HIV behind. This will be achieved through driving results against business objectives and working effectively within an integrated account management framework in the setup and delivery of a buy and bill treatment model.
- Regional Sales Director (first line leader)
- Area Vice President of Sales (second line leader)
Key Relationships to Drive Success
- Senior Sales Leaders
- Field Strategy and Operations
- Market Access
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM)
- Community Medical Liaisons/Contract Nurses
- HCPs - private practice, community clinics, and integrated systems
- Physician Support Staff
- Broader HIV community (Aids Service Orgs)
- Local business, regulatory and legal stakeholders
- Specialty Pharmacies
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Deliver Results Through Exceptional Sales and Service
- Identify, target, and win new business by influencing working with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV treatment
- Engage with HCPs, nurses, staff, and administrators to accurately understand the clinical, organizational, and financial challenges and opportunities within target accounts
- Leverage data analytics, business acumen, and market expertise to identify high-priority prospects
- Prepare and execute business plans that are tailored to the unique needs of each customer and that help HCPs scale their treatment model to reach more patients
- Coordinate, engage, and partner with multiple cross-functional team members (i.e., Clinical Nurse Educators and Field Reimbursement Managers) to deliver an integrated product experience to customers
- Maintain a portfolio-based selling mindset and close internal communication loops to ensure customers experience a cohesive, integrated ViiV
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively anticipating and addressing HCP problems, needs and requests
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Compliance, Accountabilities, and Values Based Culture