Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
The position supports the Department and/or the Project Manager and Project Management Team (PMT) to include collaboration with other departments in support of project planning and execution. The role is responsible for assisting in; planning and estimating base and change order work, material and subcontracting identification and resourcing, developing and managing Test and Inspection Plans, developing and maintaining project schedules and Integrated Logistics Support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
- Responsible for assisting the PM with the development of properly formatted specifications/work items and estimates containing all required technical information and production information. This may include; conducting ship-checks, review of ship system drawings, blueprints and technical publications.
- Taking an active role in the development of material and subcontractor requirements on assigned projects to enable Procurement to obtain competitive quotes for such.
- Assist PMT in resolving conflicts by collecting and analyzing information, interpreting differences between base line contract work, change order work and new work, and providing recommendations to the PM.
- Prepare reports for the PM related to; weekly progressing, earned value, cost and schedule performance, and other performance measures as assigned by the PM.
- Maintain all electronic project files to include all elements outlined in the Excel file titled Project Management File Structure located in the project file template.
- Assist in the development of Bill of Material (BOM) and identify Long Lead Time Materials (LLTM).
- Perform ship checks as required to identify work scope as needed to assist in the development of work items and estimates.
- Process Condition Found Reports (CFR) for contract changes coordinating efforts with the PMT, vendors, other departments and customer.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project schedules utilizing scheduling software. Provide input to the PMT on schedule impacts resulting from progressing and adding change order work.
- Data entry – Craft Survey and Craft Proposals
- IFS Project structure setup and material requisition entry
- Accomplish duties of a project Administrative Assistant.
The role operates within established parameters and standards, however may use sound judgments and independent decision making when carrying out job responsibilities. As part of the PMT staff, the individual is held accountable for the profitable performance of the work performed. Failure to meet the expectations of the customer could result in significant loss of future business.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
The Project Coordinator interacts with managers and supervisors at various levels in the business unit, with limited interactions outside this group. The position represents the Company through formal and informal interactions with the customer. Face-to-face meetings usually occur at least daily, primarily during project execution phases.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to read and comprehend work specifications, work orders, blueprints, contracts and technical publications is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written for constant interaction with all department and employee levels and outside customers.
- Possess the ability to investigate and analyze information and provide recommendations to project management team to improve performance on areas identified as problem areas and special requests as necessary.
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external) oriented, self-starter, self-motivated, prioritize duties and follow through tasks to completion as necessary.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively, able to handle the pressure of constant interruptions and respond well to last minute, high priority, time and business sensitive projects.
- Ability to schedule, direct and organize work within a diverse department and coordinate work with others to maintain efficiency and facilitate group decision-making, team building and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently, including meeting schedule and reporting deadlines.
- Ability to use office machines, including personal computers and software applications such as MS Office, database programs and Visio.
- Knowledge of ship construction, shipboard systems, equipment and their operations is necessary.
- Knowledge of work orders, critical path method scheduling and material procurement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Minimum five (5) years of experience in a relevant field is preferred. Experience should include a working knowledge of all areas of Production, such as craft parameters, material requisitioning, purchasing, scheduling, quality assurance and testing requirements, contract specifications, regulatory body requirements and receiving and warehousing. The person should have experience working with ship personnel, port engineers, craft supervisors, department managers, naval surveyors and government staff and administrative procedures or shore side equivalence.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: None required.
Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced office setting with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. The individual may be required to be in production areas in yard and onboard ships. He/she must be able to walk to and from job sites. The person must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders; to enter confined areas and tanks; to work at heights. The incumbent may be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Good finger, hand and wrist dexterity is required for extensive computer operations. He/she may be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekend work. There may be local travel and out-of-town travel (including air travel) up to 5% of the time with notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While in production areas, employee will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts and odors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.