Clinical Psychologist - Moody AFB
Vighter Valdosta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Moody Air Force Base, GA
Vighter is recruiting a Clinical Psychologist to perform services at Moody Air Force Base. Clinical psychologists meet with clients to identify problems of emotional, mental and behavioral nature in their lives. Through observation, interviews and tests, the psychologist will diagnose any existing or potential disorders. Then, together with the client, they formulate a program of treatment according to the clients needs. Psychologists monitor the clients progress on a regular basis to ensure that their needs are met by the course of action, and to adjust it if necessary.
- Monday to Friday (8 hours per day)
- Flexible hours between 0700 to 1800
- Not to exceed 40 hours per week
- Not required to work federal holidays
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced- based therapies, and psychological testing/psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders. The following are desirable skills:
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre- post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress)
- Participates in clinical peer review of licensed staff as well as review and co- signature of unlicensed professionals, on an as needed basis.
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
- Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Must be able to pass a government background clearance (SF-85)
- Must be a United States Citizen
- The Clinical Psychologist will have 24 months of experience within the last 36 months.
- Must have one-year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
Compensation & Benefits:
- +$4.22/hour Health & Welfare
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, Up to 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage
- Relocation will be provided if needed.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VighterWhy Work Here?
Competitive Pay, Great Teamwork
Vighter LLC provides Staffing and Professional Services. We deliver mission focused quality and value since 2005. Place your trust in a highly responsive team that consistently achieves over 95% customer service ratings.