RN Psychiatric (14875)
Pontiac, MI - Pontiac, MI
Company:Vighter Medical Group LLC
Title:Registered Nurse- Psychiatric- Geriatric
Position Type:Contract 13 Week Assignment
Reports to:Project Manager
Shift Type:Nights, 7pm-7:30am, 12 hours, 36-hour guarantee, every other weekend, no on call
Vighter is recruiting a contract Registered Nurses to perform psychiatric duties at McLaren Oakland. Registered nurses in the behavioral health unit work with adults who have significant difficulty functioning in their homes, employment or communities. The behavioral health unit nurse evaluates, plans, and documents the psychiatric nursing process.
- The Mental Health Registered Staff Nurse is expected to follow Nursing and Hospital policies and apply Nursing Standards of Practice in rendering physical and supportive care (including health teaching and discharge planning to patients and their families).
- He/she is expected to interact appropriately with staff, physicians, and other departments in a collegial relationship in order to assure patient and family needs are met.
- He/she also directs ancillary personnel, assumes charge of unit when assigned.
- Treats and provides assigned total patient care to patients in the Psychiatric Unit as prescribed by attending physician.
- Aids physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Administers medications and maintains patients' medical records on nursing observations.
- Current unrestricted Michigan license to practice as a registered nurseRequired
- BLS certification (from American Heart Association)Required
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- 2+ years of behavioral health experienceRequired
- Experience with adult and geriatric patientsRequired
- EMR: Cerner experiencePreferred
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage