Vice President, Solution Management
Viewpointe Archive Services Roseland, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Classification: Full-time / Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Technology Officer
Work Location: Remote work opportunity
The Vice President (VP), Solution Management is a critical member of the Solution Innovation team; he/she takes new solutions or solution capabilities identified during the hypothesis & research phases of the Viewpointe Value Stream and leads the enterprise to deliver the solution or capability to the market. Reporting to the CTO, the VP is responsible for driving continuous enterprise-wide alignment to identify and deliver all technical and business components needed to successfully release a new solution or capability to the market. Upon approval of new solutions or capabilities by the Strategy Committee, the VP collaborates closely with the Insights & Strategic Partnerships competency to facilitate a smooth transition of the new solution or capability so that the VP can lead the delivery of the technical architecture, integration, deployment, and release management of the new solutions or capability to ensure the solution effectively addresses the intended commercialization priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The VP, Solution Management is predominately focused on leading the last two steps (i.e.. Architecture & Synthesis) of the Exploration Phase of Viewpointe’s Value Stream, as well as leading delivery and enterprise alignment through the Integration, Deployment phases of the Viewpointe Value Stream, leading to solution or capability release as defined below. Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Architect: Leverage the output of the Research phase to begin developing the full solution stack architecture of new Solutions or Solution Capabilities, with support of the assigned Enterprise Architect, Security Architect, Implementations Architect, Service Delivery Architect, and leads from other competencies across the organization. To achieve this, Solution Management & Solution Architecture and Development will need to architect down the technology components of the solution stack starting with the Application, Middleware, Operating System, and Infrastructure; then up the business components of the solution stack (reference full solution stack diagram from the CTO). All architects across the organization should leverage the latest approved reference architectures, cloud services catalog, and standardized service delivery catalog, to architect their components of the solution stack.
- Oversee the creation of the Feature Roadmap (i.e., the detailed Capability Requirements) by taking the Capabilities, then collaborating with Solution Architecture and Development and other applicable competencies across the organization to develop the corresponding Features that articulates the comprehensive set of requirements to achieve the Capability. Solution Management has content authority for each capability release and the associated backlog of work to be performed each Program Increment (PI = 10 week period) or Iteration/Sprint (2 week period) leading up to the successful release.
- Co-lead with Solution Architecture and Development (with support of the assigned Enterprise Architect, Security Architect, Implementations Architect, Service Delivery Architect and leaders from other competencies across the organization) to define the full stack Solution Architecture of a new Solution or enhances the existing Solution Architecture of a Capability, so that all architectural components of the Solution are clearly understood and well documented each release.
- Synthesize: Collaborate with Customer Insights & Strategic Partnerships and Solution Architecture & Development competencies to distill, and package all work conducted since the Hypothesis phase into a clearly articulated Solution or Solution Capability exploration package for the Strategy Committee, so that the final approval and investment can be allocated for the Solution or Solution Capability to be integrated, deployed, and released.
- With the Customer Insights & Strategic Partnerships and Solution Architecture & Development competencies package and present the Solution Vision or Capability Vision, Capability Positioning, Capability Customer-Centric Research outcomes, Capabilities Roadmap, Feature Roadmap, and the full stack Solution Architecture as a Solution or Solution Capability exploration package to the Strategy Committee, in order to obtain a Pursue or Pivot Decision on proceeding with the Develop Step of the Viewpointe Value Stream.
- With the Customer Insights & Strategic Partnerships and Solution Architecture & Development competencies jointly present the final version of the exploration package in a town hall presentation to all members of the Organization.
Integration, Deployment, and Release
- Oversee delivery and enterprise alignment each Program Increment (PI = 10 week period) or Iteration/Sprint (2 week period) leading up to the successful release, by continuously leading the evolution of the Feature Roadmap and creation of Stories each Iteration/Sprint in alignment with Viewpointe’s Enterprise Calendar cadence
- Oversee the creation and updates to the Solution Library that contains all documentation for a solution and associated capabilities, per each release
- Oversee the creation and enhancements to the Solution Cost Calculator to define the baseline costs of the solution, per each release
Other: Additionally, provide leadership in the areas of Thought Leadership, Evangelism, and Agility
- Represent Viewpointe in industry conversations with executive and leaders
- Provide communication about Viewpointe solutions to a wide variety of audiences i.e. customers, senior management, internal groups, and internal departments and at industry events
- Provide commercialization support, as needed
- Assist in facilitation of Agile ceremonies
- Oversee the creation of appropriately sized Features and Stories for each Program Increment (PI = 10 week period) or Iteration/Sprint (2 week period) respectively, based on economic decision making
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive a culture of continuous improvement
- A problem solver with a knack for learning everything about why a problem exists
- A visionary with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A Servant-Leader who demonstrates a Lean-Agile mindset and respect for people
- Focused and create clarity through decision making & effective prioritization
- Not afraid to fail and learn new things
- Confident and capable of collaborating across the organization to effectively negotiate for a win-win outcome
- Great at telling a story and bringing others along on the journey with you
- Not afraid to dream big and tackle challenging problems
- Passionate about building new solutions
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at computer terminals. Requires overnight travel as needed to customer locations, industry events and other work locations for training and internal planning and strategy meetings
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education (Master’s preferred)
- Preferred: 10+ years’ experience in managing large scale program delivery
- Preferred: 10+ years’ experience with Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Content Service Platforms (CSP), and Data Services
- Preferred: 7+ years’ experience in product/solution management in a Scaled Agile/Scrum environment
- Preferred: 7+ years’ experience in financial services and banking industry
- Experience in managing new solutions through ideation, development, and commercialization with a focus on customer value, solution economics, and in support of corporate strategy
- Experience in effectively road-mapping solutions and leading cross-functional planning
- Experience in stakeholder management and driving strategic alignment & decision making
- Experience in effectively creating complex technology solutions
- Experience with financial services technology and knowledge of financial services technologies used for content and data management
- Experience with Platform as a Service, API Products, and Emerging Technologies
- Experience in transforming legacy products and services to modern technologies
- Kanban, Agile, and/or SAFe experience
- Experience with VersionOne, Miro, & ProductBoard
- Empowered decision maker
- Excels at collaboration with senior level leaders and customer partners
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to articulate a vision
Viewpointe Archive Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Viewpointe Archive Services