Senior Application Developer
Viewpointe Archive Services Roseland, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Classification: Full-time / Exempt
Supervisor: Director, Solution Architecture and Development
Work Location: Remote work opportunity
Doing work that matters with people who make us great.
The Viewpointe team embraces a core set of values that drive our business: integrity, customer focus, value creation, respect, innovation, and teamwork. Our people are passionate about their work and our values, resulting in an exciting environment where personal achievement is rewarded, teamwork is encouraged, and customer service is our top priority.
Viewpointe has been trusted for more than two decades to protect and govern sensitive information in the cloud. Selected to the IDC Top 100 FinTech rankings, we provide purpose-built cloud services to large, regulated organizations. Founded by the financial industry to answer complex, information-centric challenges, we have developed a unique business model that has led to our well-known and unmatched pedigree in the industry. Our unique business model combines hardware, software, and unmatched expertise to provide needed guidance on best practices and strategy as well as technology solutions.
Come join our team!
A Senior Application Developer is a critical member of the Solution Architecture and Development Team. In this role, he/she will be a full stack application developer and will develop end-to-end features to support critical Viewpointe initiatives in a fast-paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure. As a Senior Application Developer you will be responsible for every aspect of the software development lifecycle, including software architecture design, front-end development, system integration, back-end development, automation testing, software deployment leveraging continuous integration tools, and monitoring to ensure high availability and resiliency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop highly available, resilient, and secure applications with a cloud-native approach, deployed into a public cloud infrastructure. (Cloud-native technologies empower organizations to build and run scalable applications in modern, dynamic environments such as public clouds. Containers, service meshes, microservices, immutable infrastructure, and declarative APIs exemplify this approach.)
- Strong experience with modern development principles including DevOps, Microservices, Cloud, Automation Frameworks, Enterprise Integration/API
- Breadth of experience across Development, Infrastructure, Networking, Security, Database, and Storage.
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders across the enterprise including solution management, security, and operations to ensure alignment throughout the solution development pipeline.
- Apply Agile/Lean principles and a continuous improvement mentality to every aspect of solution development (for instance: responsiveness to change, adding incremental value, short feedback loops, eliminating waste, continuous learning)
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Technical Expertise:
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- 2+ years of experience developing Cloud-native applications and running workloads in a Public Cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Extensive experience with application development technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Linux, Tomcat, Jackson/JSON
- Extensive experience with DevOps concepts and technologies: CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Expert understanding of database and storage technologies and concepts: relational DB, NoSQL, Object Storage, Data Lake
- Strong Experience with Enterprise Integration (EI) and API technologies: EI Platforms (e.g. Mulesoft, Apigee), API design and development, REST
- Experience with security and audit technologies from a developer perspective: vulnerability scanning, authentication & authorization (OAuth, SAML), monitoring (Prometheus, Nagios), enterprise logging (e.g. Splunk, Logstash)
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, gRPC
- Experience with modern distributed source code management systems such as Git / GitHub
Preferred Technical Expertise:
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) experience with regulated content
- Experience with front-end development technologies such as Angular, React, Vue
- Azure development experience, including Microsoft Azure Developer or Azure Solutions Architect certification
- Experience with commonly used scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Feature test automation experience with technologies such as Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as TDD, Refactoring, Pair Programming
- Experience with Cache technologies such as Redis, Memcached
- Experience with Veracode
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning
- Experience with SAFe
- Provide application development thought leadership across the organization.
- Demonstrates the initiative to go above and beyond assigned tasks and explore alternate technologies and approaches.
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results.
- Possesses ability to analyze impact of technology choices and be able to communicate and influence at an enterprise level.
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building and problem-solving skills
Viewpointe Archive Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Viewpointe Archive Services