VieMed is a growing respiratory company that specializes in treating the most challenging respiratory patients inside the home by pairing the best in class technology & equipment with the clinical care of a full-time Respiratory Therapist. Our Disease Management program has earned national attention, making us the number one independent ventilation provider in the United States.
In recent random studies of our patient population, we have shown a 30-day COPD readmission rate of 5.7%, as compared to the industry average of 20-22%*. And with our treatment plan, over 93% of our patients share that they actually “Breathe Better” on our program.
While our Respiratory Therapists provide the highest level of clinical care and support for our patients, our Patient Care Coordinator – Sales Representatives work in conjunction with healthcare decision-makers to ensure a comfortable transition from the hospital, with continued and personalized clinical care brought to the comfort of their own home. They spend the majority of their time networking, building relationships, and educating referral sources including Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Case Managers, and Social workers within the hospital on how our disease management program can improve and save the lives of their patients with Chronic Respiratory Failure.
At VieMed, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork, and exceptional patient care. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. We are committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
VieMed’s currently experiencing explosive growth throughout the country! We are actively seeking dynamic individuals to join our VieMed family. If you are self-motivated, energetic, and career-minded, Viemed could be the company for you!
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop sales territory action plans and call strategies to identify specific new targets and maintain existing accounts to grow the business
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned
- Conduct daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community
- Establish and maintain existing referral sources, as well as, show initiative in developing the new market potential within assigned territory
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources
- Maintain a level of performance which meets or exceeds the sales objective established by the Company.
- Required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs
- Partners with location management and staff as well as other VieMed departments to drive sales growth
- Responsible for account activity, sales documentation, reports, and territory management
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars and trade shows
- Provide presentations and in-services
- Meets and/or exceeds a monthly sales quota
- Other duties/projects as assigned
Respiratory Therapist Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the overall technical and administrative functions at the location on record regarding the Home Respiratory therapist program.
- Responsible for the installation/delivery of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients in the home and ongoing assessment of patients and equipment.
- Is responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to Sleep Management for home respiratory therapist services.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation.
- Is responsible to maintain an accurate inventory of all Sleep Management/VieMed assets and supplies.
- Is responsible for company vehicle maintenance and service (paid for by Sleep Management/VieMed).
- Ensures that company vehicle is maintained per applicable accreditation standards at all times.
- Is responsible to ensure all pertinent demographic information is updated regularly and with any change in personal or professional status.
- Is responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the staff respiratory therapist.
- Is responsible for the orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills. Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
- Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
- Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market home respiratory therapy services to all referral sources.
- Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment prior to installation.
- Is required to provide availability for patient contact and response to patient needs.
- Will work with fellow RTs in the area on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Exhibits effective oral and written communication with location staff, supervisors, patients, and all referral sources
- Must be highly self-motivated, flexible and service-oriented
- Builds relationships with patients, caregivers, and referral sources
- Strong organization, time and territory management skills
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous, yet supportive of team efforts
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Presentation Skills
Sales: This job operates in the field by calling on existing and potential referral sources: i.e. Pulmonologist, Hospitalist, Critical Care Physicians, Hospitals, Case Managers, Social workers, etc.
RT: This job will require the employee to go to patient homes to set up and service devices.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Entertaining in off hours may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced training in sales skills
- Medical or respiratory experience
- Credentials as a respiratory therapist, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- A Respiratory Therapist license in all states you will be working in
- Respiratory Therapist must have extensive experience in a hospital setting, including ICU/CCU ventilator management
- Competitive Base Salary
- Uncapped Commissions
- (RT) Regions leading employer in RT Employee Education and Base Pay
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Monthly Car and Cell Phone Allowance
- Fuel Card
- Marketing Allowance
- Life Insurance