Real Estate Acquisitions Associate (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are –
Vie offers an environment where our employees' ideas are not only heard but implemented. We offer a team based and structured environment; however, employees are expected to be self-disciplined, creative, and entrepreneurial.
We attract and retain the best people by encouraging a culture of diversity and inclusion. We collectively bring the shared experiences and unique characteristics of our team to identify the best concepts for creating inspired lifestyles.
Who you are –
- Audacious, Adventurous, Bold and Enthusiastic
- Health conscious and active
- Connected and sociable
- Accessible and charitable
- Diverse and unique
Must have abilities -
- Natural Credibility and Leadership Skills - Diversity of experience through Hospitality, sales, operations, development and Student Housing
- Energetic and Supportive – Entrepreneurial spirit; “go getter”
- Ability to Communicate – Open, honest, gives and receives feedback; expresses ideas and thoughts
- Empathetic – Kind; treats others fairly
- Ability to Make Tough Decisions – Problem solver, provokes thought, and moves quickly towards action
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, or Real Estate Required
- Top university and Master’s Degree in Business Administration Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services, Underwriting or Real Estate Asset Management
Un jour dans la vie de (A day in the life of) –
The Acquisitions professional is responsible for sourcing, underwriting and securing commercial real estate product suitable for Vie Management’s investment goals. This hire would work in concert with Vie’s existing COO to blanket local, regional and national brokerage listings, online listings and other avenues to identify and secure investment product.
A strong understanding of analyzing, underwriting, pricing and closing commercial real estate, primarily student housing, is a pre-requisite for this position. While the position is grounded in fundamental real estate analysis, it is entrepreneurial in nature. The Acquisitions professional will be asked to forge and maintain relationships with Sellers, or those that represent Sellers, of commercial real estate.
The individual’s success will be directly proportional to the successful underwriting of multiple transactions suitable for investment.
- Identify, secure and close new real estate
- Maintain a pipeline of potential purchases
- Support the underwriting, diligence, closing and post-closing management efforts of the above mentioned product
- Prepare financial information, interpret financial performance and assess risk exposure
- Support the growth of the overall portfolio
Real EstateView all jobs at Vie Management