We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced IT Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will use your technical skills and expertise to monitor, and maintain our IT systems. You will focus on specific computer network, database, and systems administration. Under minimal supervision, you will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully up-to-date and operational.
This position reports to Director of Human Resources & Administration.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
· Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss estimate and resolve issues
· Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
· Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
· Install and configure wireless networking equipment
· Create, analyze, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized application program software
· Provide for the implementation, configuration, deployment and support of systems, including, but not limited to client computing devices and servers
· Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
· Maintain system documentation, and hardware and software inventory
Location and Travel requirements
The position will be based in the Vienna, VA. Travel may be required to remote office location in Marlborough, MA.
· High school diploma
· Industry certifications (MCSE)
· 2+ years’ experience in information technology
· Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA.
· Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
You will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work for an employer in the United States without restriction.