Who We Are
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services. Videojet has more than 325,000 printers installed worldwide. Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customers sales, application service and training support is provided by direct operation with over 3,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, Videojet's distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEM's, serving 135 countries .
The Principal Technician is a unique opportunity to:
- Be responsible for testing and onsite implementation of Videojet Laetus software, hardware, Vision Inspection equipment and solutions.
- Evaluate and test vision opportunities for feasibility using customer supplied samples and Laetus vision equipment.
- Gather the necessary documentation and information to prepare for onsite installations, including functional specifications, system schematics, and training information.
- Coordinate onsite efforts with customer contacts including, project managers, electrical and mechanical engineers, software developers, IT personnel and maintenance.
- Provide direction for Videojet field service technicians assigned to the project. Provides status updates to the assigned Solutions Project Manager.
- Perform troubleshooting duties associated with the support of Solutions’ systems, which incorporates both Videojet Technologies Inc. (VTI), and Laetus products, as well as outside vendor’s products.
- Participate in continuing education meetings and training to keep current on VTI equipment, Laetus VI vision systems, outside vendor products. Networking, and related platforms.
Your responsibilities as a Principal Technician include:
- Follow standard practices and specific documents to troubleshoot, test and modify Videojet solutions.
- Travel requirements – 50% - 75%
- Work with Project Managers, Solution and Industrial Sales Engineers, and vendor and customer project participants from all disciplines to understand the specifications required in meeting the customer needs.
- Interface with customer to understand installation requirements, provide technical advice and solve field problems. Perform field installation of software and hardware applications.
- Train customers on installed software and hardware equipment and document installations and other project tasks.
- Perform product/application testing and verification of design.
- Support field installations.
- Effectively communicate with personnel from other Videojet departments to resolve complex customer issues
Your Education and/or Background Experience will include:
- Education – Associates Degree in technical discipline preferred, such as Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
- Work experience – 5+ years’ experience in target areas (systems and vision) desired, Windows operating system, network/computer systems/database, configuration and troubleshooting required. Machine vision experience is desired. Prior experience as an Installation/Service Technician or in Electronic Assembly/Service.
- Specialized Skills –Installing and testing/supporting computer networks. Must possess strong understanding of software testing, troubleshooting mythologies, network systems, databases and computers; along with the ability to discuss the related issues with the customers in familiar terms. Experience with machine vision systems, including code reading, image capture and comparison, and OCR/OCV. Microsoft Access and SQL including building Queries, Forms, and ODBC connections. Must be innovative and possess the ability to conceptualize and examine solutions for customers. Must possess ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and have the necessary people skills to function in a team environment. Ability to focus on detailed tasks. Good mechanical skills and ability to operate in a production environment. MS Office experience required, MS Visio, and AutoCAD is a plus