Vidant Medical Group and UNC Lenoir Hospital located in Kinston, North Carolina, are seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Hospitalist to join their established hospitalist program. New graduates will be considered.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at UNC Lenoir Hospital
- Stable established team of 11 physicians and 1 nurse practitioner
- 7on/7off, 7a-7p schedule
- Coverage includes ICU/Critical Care, vent management
- Average patient volume per provider is 14-16
- Experienced long-term nursing staff
- Close proximity to North Carolina beaches and outdoor activities
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
UNC Lenoir Hospital
UNC Lenoir is licensed for 261 beds, is a not-for-profit hospital dedicated to the community it serves by offering quality inpatient, outpatient and preventive healthcare services that are close to home. With a medical staff of over 100 physicians, UNC Lenoir offers a range of specialty services and technology.
A rich history, temperate climate, and relaxed lifestyle combine to make Kinston an appealing city to call home. Downtown Kinston is known for an interesting array of shops, breweries and restaurants. Kinston has invested mightily in its economy. As a result, Kinston’s art and cultural district is experiencing a transformation making it an exciting place to live.
- Kinston is strategically located in eastern North Carolina; only 30 miles south of Greenville, 60 miles west of the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches, and 80 miles southeast of Raleigh
- Affordable cost of living with a variety of housing options
- Excellent school options
- Family friendly community
- Home to world renowned chef, New York Times Best Selling Author, Daytime Emmy winner, James Beard Foundation Award recipient and star of A Chef’s Life, Vivian Howard. Her flagship restaurants, Chef and The Farmer and the Boiler Room, are major attractions in Downtown Kinston.
- Home to minor league baseball team, the Down East Wood Ducks