We are looking for a multi-property Director of Housekeeping in the Miami Beach Market.
Director of Housekeeping is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the housekeeping department and staff while ensuring cleanliness in line with brand standards and guest satisfaction. The Director of Housekeeping will manage and oversee daily housekeeping operations of the housekeeping staff while promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets, and minimal expenses. Specifically, you would be responsible for maintaining cleanliness, service, and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices, and banquet/meeting/conference rooms to the highest standards. The Director of Housekeeping is also responsible for maintaining close communications with all department heads as well as with the General Manager to manage priorities and demands, resolve conflicts, and ultimately ensure proper resort cleanliness. Finally, the Director of Housekeeping manages daily systems use, budgeting, forecasting, department management, cost controls and overall profitability, policy & procedure implementation, enforcement, meeting participation, and facilitation.
Essential Function of Job
● Oversee and manage the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching, and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
● Conduct regular inspections of the resort to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
● Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
● Notify maintenance of any needed repairs. Responsible for inspecting rooms daily to ensure cleanliness standards are being met.
● Creates morning work assignments to ensure all areas of the hotel are properly maintained in accordance with cleanliness standards.
● Ensure that the Housekeeping Manager issues assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
● Ensures that operational practices are uniform and conform to departmental practices. Manage operating expenses to maximize costs while providing excellent guest services.
● Respond to guest requests, concerns, and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
Six or more years of housekeeping management experience in a similar role - Multi-property experience is a plus.