Assistant Purchasing Agent/ Buyer- Assistance in purchasing product and materials for distribution as well as in house operations. The role involves analyzation of suppliers, negotiation, and inventory control.
· Supplier evaluation and negotiation will be needed to help better the company’s supply chain.
· Assistance in monitoring and controlling physical inventory
· Will assist and play role in optimizing the supply chain, forecasting, and outsourcing opportunities.
· This position requires strong analytical, negotiation, and technology skills. Strong knowledge of Excel and Pivot tables is essential.
· Create purchase orders/agreements with vendors based on either pre-negotiated pricing or by negotiating new pricing at the time of need
· Select best sources consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements
· Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities
· Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries and verifying all transactions are complete
· Assist in forecasting a product demand based on historical sales and long term bid awards
· Provide weekly updates, including reports, regarding the status of open sales orders and corresponding purchase orders
· Assist with freight operations (Container, FTL and LTL) and offer possible improvements
· Assist with process improvements throughout company and purchasing role
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Must have initiative and decision making skills with the ability to make judgment calls to determine the correct action or approach in non-routine assignments and projects
· Knowledge of import and domestic freight movement
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
· Strong negotiating skills
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong written and verbal communications
· Ability to define problems, understand and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience
· BA in Business Administration is preferred, Procurement, Operations Planning or related field
· 5+ years of related procurement experience, including sourcing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of cost accounting and tracking budget expenses
· Experience in a leadership role within a small business is a plus
· Broad based experience with domestic purchasing of finished goods
· International purchasing experience is a plus
· Logistics management experience, domestic and international
Please note: You will be required to pass a drug screen and background check prior to beginning employment. Further, this position will pay $35-42K (depending on experience) plus benefits. If your salary requirement is higher than what is stated, please do not submit your information.