Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Service Coordinators assist all customers in coordinating their appointments via phone or online by facilitating and monitoring all customer calls, emails and online service requests.
- Must utilize and maintain strong customer service skills while greeting and booking customer appointments.
- Keep up to date on all message and requests received for customer appointments.
- Answer any and all service phone calls from customers looking to book an appointment.
- Learn and retain the schedule of both service drives at dealership.
- Must be knowledgeable in Dealer Built, Dealer Daily, and any service Express websites applicable in order to perform the job properly.
- Must perform any and all necessary “Call backs” to customers for no show appointments and follow up all CSI inquiries.
- Must perform any and all “call a-heads” to customers to remind them of their scheduled upcoming appointment.
- VIN list must be printed daily and provided to the Service Manager at each store.
- Additional projects as requested by supervisor, relating to the BDC service department.
- Must maintain working communication with both service departments in coordination with scheduled appointments.
- Continually be developing new ideas and streamlining processes in hopes of improving the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to multi-task while sitting for long lengths of time
- Must have ability to learn multiple data base programs on PC platform such as web based and DOS
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The Service Coordinator role requires moderate to heavy calling, talking, listening, reading, typing, writing, and keying as well as prolonged, moderate sitting. Light, occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds or more may be required.
The specific work station assigned to this role is an indoor office setting.