Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reporting to the Executive Administrative Pastor, the Facilities Manager is an integral member of the staff with the responsibly of proactively assessing, maintaining, and managing all mechanicals, buildings, grounds, and construction oversight for all current and future campuses of Victory Cathedral Worship Center.
The Facilitiess Manager is also responsible for maintaining a great working relationship with all vendors and event coordination, which includes all tasked related to having an event (scheduling, set up, tear down, etc.).
The Facilities Manager is eager to lead by rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. They are the hands-on type with a unique ability to motivate and serve others, including volunteers. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and can operate well in a fast pace and ever-changing environment.
Reports to: Executive Administrative Pastor
Supervises and coaches all Facilities Managers, janitorial staff, and volunteers at all campuses.
Oversees the facilities and campus operation
- Manage building, property, and facility staff in the areas of cleaning, setup, scheduling, safety and security, landscaping, and building and project management.
- Regularly inspect buildings, sites, grounds, mechanicals, and equipment for needed repair / maintenance, and safety concerns (at least monthly).
- Manages relationships with rental tenants by addressing their maintenance needs, as given by the Executive Administrative Pastor or designee.
- Serve as liaison to city/village, county or other governmental agencies regarding property, right-of-ways, easements, etc.
- Directs and delegates all work related to the maintenance of buildings and grounds including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial and security of each facility and grounds.
- Research, develop, and implement a facility work order system and assign tasks to appropriate team members and volunteers.
- Ensure that control of energy management is efficient, economical, and flexible
- Manage spending in accordance to the budget set by the Executive Administrative Pastor or designee. Manage security of entire church campus, including cameras, monitors, etc.
- Manage equipment warranties, insurance and files.
- Work different shifts according to ministry events and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Creates and maintains a policy and procedure handbook for the Facilities and Grounds Department of Victory Cathedral Worship Center.
- Fosters a great working relationship with all vendors and contractors to ensure excellent service to facilities and grounds.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests. Troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Provides snow removal as needed.
- Provides lawn maintenance, as needed.
- Acts as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
- Provides general carpentry for all facilities and campuses, as needed
Oversees the use of all facilities and scheduling
- Coordinates all logistics as it related to ministry events and services, such as meetings, events, worship, weddings, funerals and others as directed. Tasks include scheduling, opening/closing building, set-up, breakdown, and event support.
- Interface with ministry leaders related to their ministry needs of the facilities.
- Utilize established ministry priorities to handle facility scheduling.
- Work with staff to ensure proper scheduling, including lead times, request forms, and security issues.
- Manage operations aspects of conferences held on campus.
- Represent the church and manage rental contracts.
Oversee the IT needs of the church
- Assess the needs of the organization to propose innovative solutions the facilitates growth
- Directs the efforts of the IT vendors, staff and to organize all computer operations, technical support, systems analysis, telecommunications, database management, and technical training.
- Research and provide recommendations regarding future computer hardware and software needs.
- Establish technical priorities, standards and procedures.
Oversees security, risk management and act as a civic liaison
- Devises systems and processes that keeps all buildings and grounds safe by ensuring that they exceed building and city/village code requirements.
- Create efficient procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping, and destruction of hazardous materials.
- Oversees and improve risk management policy and procedures
Leads campus development, expansion and remodels
- Oversee the development and changes to the interior of the facility.
- Work with contractors, architects, subcontractors and other vendors.
- Track and forecast all expenses and ensure that project is kept within budgets.
- Set-up contracts and services.
- Order and track furnishing orders and expenses.
- Manage construction-related files and documents.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, with additional training in maintenance. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with building and grounds management and/or maintenance
- Experience working with outside vendors and contractors
- Cleared and favorable Background, Driving Record, and Credit Check
- Minimum of 3 years supervising others
- Work ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity with the church as an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Flexible and adjusts well to change
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to execute projects systematically
- Ability to lift, at least, 50 lbs.
- HVAC license is preferred
- Commercial electrical experience is preferred
- Experience maintaining an I.T. network is preferred.
- Ability to meet expected 100% attendance requirements
Victory Cathedral Worship Center