The Maintenance Supervisor/Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing food processing plant mechanical and electrical industrial manufacturing equipment, along with assisting in supervising plant personnel.
- Install, maintain and support all production related equipment utilized in processing areas.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist with managing plant personnel and coordinating work based on
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures or breakdowns.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules, utilizing appropriate blueprints, diagrams, sketches, national codes and verbal/written instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop and work area.
- Repair and maintenance of high speed packaging equipment, dismantling and assembling multiple brands of mechanical and electrical equipment, repair and replacement of defective parts, and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- General understanding and compliance with all OSHA regulations, National Electrical Codes, State Mechanical Codes and other Plant/Facility Operational or safety procedures.
- Ability to comply with and execute the established preventive maintenance and work order/repair program in place.
- Document completed work as required by Plant Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in food manufacturing and 2 years supervisory experience.
- Industrial Maintenance Technology Certification (preferred).