With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
The Plant Maintenance Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining the plant’s preventative and predictive maintenance programs. The PME is also responsible for planning a portion of maintenance work; from surveying the job, to creating material lists and engaging support contractors, to understanding how the work will impact plant production.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop, implement, monitor, and maintain preventive and predictive maintenance programs based on the following:
- Plant equipment IOMs
- Discussions with OEMs
- Industry best practices
- Breakdown analyses
- Trade shows / users’ groups / conferences
· Provide technical support and training in the development of preventative and predictive maintenance programs; research and evaluate new technology related to maintenance operations and procedures.
- Evaluate SCADA data to implement new practices to increase equipment life cycle.
- Perform periodic PM and PdM rounds and inspections.
· Manage outside contractors and ensure plant standards are maintained.
· Support the maintenance department in outage planning.
- Plan a portion of maintenance activities as if you were the technician tasked with making the repair.
- Actively participate in plant safety efforts.
- Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
Note: The job is physically demanding. It requires working outdoors in all seasons, climbing ladders, and carrying materials up and down stairs. Seasonal outages and emergencies will require working long hours occasionally.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in plant engineering and maintenance support.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Must have preventative maintenance experience.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience with R1 QA/QC is preferred.
- Experience with lock out tag out is preferred.
- Ability to meet the required 40 hour work week, with flexibility to work rotating on call, occasional nights, weekends and longer hours during planned and unplanned outages.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C driver’s license.