Industrial Controls Technician
- Posted: 5 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
We are very interested in hiring transitioning or former Merchant Marine, Navy Machinist's Mate, Utilitiesman, or Electrician’s Mate looking for an exciting opportunity in clean energy. Do you want to be part of the solution to climate change? If so, a career at Vicinity Energy could be for you!
The I & E Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing all electrical systems, instrumentation, controls, and equipment throughout Vicinity’s Baltimore sites. This is a full-time hourly position located in Baltimore, Maryland. The I & E Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager.
• Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies
• Identify, report and/or correct unsafe work environments
• Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations
• Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner
• Maintain equipment used to control the operation of boilers, chillers, compressors, pumps, and other plant equipment and systems
• Perform periodic cleaning, inspection, testing, repairing, and calibration of electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control systems. Typical equipment serviced includes temperature and pressure instruments, gages, flow transmitters, switches, solenoids, and control valves
• Perform repairs and modifications to control circuitry with a high degree of precision and understanding of technical data and systems.
• Install and program electronic instruments. Install sensing elements, wiring, tubing, and fittings. Clean and repair electrical power switching equipment.
• Test, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical power supply circuits.
• Remove, install, clean, and repair, motors, circuit breakers, transformers.
• Create, maintain, and update diagrams, drawings, and plans for plant electrical, electronic, and pneumatic controls and instruments.
• Install, maintain, and calibrate computerized controls and instruments and programmable controllers
• Ensures compliance with environmental regulations, including proper operation of steam plant outfall(s).
• Writes work orders for identification and repair of plant equipment.
• Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled
• Trouble shoots and analyzes instrument, control, and metering problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
• Maintains required records of operation and maintenance in a clear and precise manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager
• May be transferred on a seasonal basis to other departments.
• Works mandatory overtime when required and rotating shifts when assigned.
• Exercise caution in the use and maintenance of all company equipment
• Takes rotating on-call on weekends, back shifts, and holidays
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical or trade school degree in electronics, computer science, or equivalent industry training and experience
• 2 years of progressive experience as a technician performing maintenance and repair in central plant, power generation or other process plants
• Thorough understanding of electrical safety procedures and LOTO procedures
• Ability to read and understand logic diagrams, electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches, and technical manuals
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge at reading process flow diagrams and control and instrumentation diagrams and interpreting manufacturer's manuals and drawings
• Familiarity with principles of refrigeration and thermodynamics
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to perform basic computer operations and use email
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to and including 50 pounds
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 100 feet
• Must complete pre-employment screenings including a company physical exam and respirator fit test in addition to drug testing
• Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
• Ability to tolerate heat in an industrial production plant environment
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier
ManufacturingView all jobs at Vicinity Energy
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?