Industrial Controls Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are very interested in hiring transitioning or former Merchant Marine, Navy Machinist's Mate, Utilitiesman, or Electrician’s Mate looking for an exciting opportunity in clean energy. Do you want to be part of the solution to climate change? If so, a career at Vicinity Energy could be for you!
The Industrial Controls Specialist maintains all instrumentation, controls, meters, electrical machinery, and auxiliaries for Company cogeneration, chilled water, steam and hot water plants, distribution system, and customer facilities. The IM& E Specialist safely and reliably operates boilers and ancillary equipment within Baltimore and OM Sites. This is a full-time hourly position located in Baltimore, Maryland. The IM&E Specialist reports to the Maintenance Manager.
• Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies. Identify, report and/or correct unsafe work environments. Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
• Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner.
• Perform periodic cleaning, inspection, testing, repairing, and calibration of electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control systems. Typical equipment serviced includes temperature and pressure instruments, gages, flow transmitters, switches, solenoids, and control valves.
• Perform repairs and modifications to control circuitry with a high degree of precision and understanding of technical data and systems.
• Install and program electronic instruments. Install sensing elements, wiring, tubing, and fittings. Clean and repair electrical power switching equipment.
• Test, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical power supply circuits.
• Remove, install, clean, and repair, motors, circuit breakers, & transformers.
• Create, maintain, and update diagrams, drawings, and plans for plant electrical, electronic, and pneumatic controls and instruments.
• Install, maintain, and calibrate computerized controls and instruments and programmable controllers.
• Completes preventive, corrective maintenance and scheduled maintenance; improves operation of systems, instruments, controls, metering, relaying and electrical equipment, including generator and high voltage switchgear protective relaying, installed in Company plants and in customer facilities.
• Provides technical support to the start-up team on new Company installations especially those which include state-of-the-art controls, internal combustion engines, combustion turbines, heat recovery boilers, high voltage electrical generation, chillers and distribution systems.
• Controls, maintains, and monitors pressure, temperatures, and flow of steam and/or chilled water systems, including boilers, feedwater, and distribution system if assigned to oversee operations of a facility.
• May be asked to operate boilers, chillers, controls, and ancillary equipment.
• Writes work orders for identification and repair of plant equipment.
• Maintains required records of operation and maintenance in a clear and precise manner. This may include maintaining records and files of readings and data taken during preventative maintenance.
• May act as the primary representative for contact with customers and the public requiring accurate logging of complaints and resolution of the problems or passing of the information on to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
• Trouble shoots and analyzes instrument, control, and metering problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
• Ensures compliance with environmental regulations, including proper operation of steam plant outfall(s).
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Works mandatory overtime when required.
• Takes rotating, on-call assignments on weekends, back shifts, and holidays as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical or trade school degree in electronics, computer science, or equivalent industry training and experience.
• 4 years of progressive experience as a technician performing maintenance and repair in central plant, power generation, or other process plants.
• Thorough understanding of electrical safety procedures and Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures.
• Familiarity with principles of refrigeration and thermodynamics.
• Ability to read and understand logic diagrams, electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches, and technical manuals.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge at reading process flow diagrams and control and instrumentation diagrams and interpreting manufacturer's manuals and drawings.
• Ability to correctly troubleshoot and take corrective action on complicated co-generation plant instrumentation, controls, and electrical and mechanical systems.
• Familiar with and able to use various test equipment such as multi meters, dead weight testers, combustion analyzers, and frequency generators and counters in order to calibrate and troubleshoot instruments and metering equipment.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to perform basic computer operations and use email.
• Must complete pre-employment screenings including a company physical exam in addition to drug testing.
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to and including 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in confined spaces.
• Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 100 feet.
• Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach.
• Ability to tolerate heat in an industrial production plant environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier.
Get fresh Transition Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.