Scope & Responsibilities:
The Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (I&E Tech) will report to the Maintenance Manager and will support plant operations by maintenance and repair of all electrical systems, instrumentation and controls and equipment. The I&E Tech will perform skilled work requiring a high degree of precision and understanding of technical data and systems. The I&E Tech often works alone and must be aware of circumstances that can contribute to the injury of personnel and damage to equipment.
- Maintain equipment used to control the operation of boilers, compressors, pumps, and other plant equipment and systems
- Perform periodic cleaning, inspection, testing, repairing, and calibration of electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control systems. Typical equipment serviced includes temperature and pressure instruments, gages, flow transmitters, switches, solenoids, and control valves
- Perform repairs and modifications to control circuitry. Install and program electronic instruments. Install sensing elements, wiring, tubing and fittings. Clean and repair electrical power switching equipment.
- Test, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical power supply circuits.
- Remove, install, clean, and repair, motors, circuit breakers, transformers. Create, maintain, and update diagrams, drawings, and plans for plant electrical, electronic, and pneumatic controls and instruments.
- Install, maintain, and calibrate computerized controls and instruments and programmable controllers
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift a 50-lb load.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Technical or trade school degree in electronics, computer science, or equivalent industry training and experience
- 4 years’ progressive experience as a technician performing maintenance and repair in central plant, power generation or other process plants
- Must hold a valid driver license with a satisfactory driving record to maintain minimum company required insurance coverage
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety procedures and Lock-Out-
- Tag-Out procedures
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge at reading process flow diagrams and control and instrumentation diagrams and interpreting manufacturer's manuals and drawings
- Experience with electrical systems up to 4160 Volts
- Familiarity with principles of refrigeration and thermodynamics
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50 pounds
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment with a high degree of initiative
- Acquainted with the environmental operating limitations on equipment to insure compliance