With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
Vicinity operates a major, multi-faceted district energy business (steam, hot water and chilled water) in Baltimore, MD. District energy operations in Baltimore encompasses eight steam, hot water or chilled water plants, over 20 miles of distribution piping and over 250 customers.
To support operations, Vicinity North America seeks a Manager, Engineering to support district energy business (steam, hot water and chilled water), including providing oversight and execution of capital projects, supporting day-to-day operations and maintenance managers, and leading programs to improve plant and system efficiency and reliability. Candidate will be a valuable member of the management team in Baltimore.
- Provide oversight of project management process, and directly manage significant capital projects and/ or repair activities in support of regional district steam and chilled water system operations
- Manages all internal and consultant engineering functions, project implementation and execution of specified Base Business projects.
- Prepares and administers the Operations Department capital budget and oversees associated projects
- Approves all drawings and specifications associated with capital and repair projects in the Operations Department.
- Initiates and maintains close working relationships with appropriate permitting agencies, regulatory agencies, vendors, A&E community, legal community, construction industry, and other sectors of the community as appropriate and needed
- Oversee the development of the scope of work, technical specifications, procurement process, and budget for capital projects and/ or repair activities, and the day-to-day management of the same
- Provide customer contract technical review and feasibility during renewal and new business negotiations
- Monitor and evaluate regional asset efficiencies, provide recommendations to site supervisors and regional staff for improvement
- Develop value added projects for regional business partners and customers
- Evaluate regional maintenance systems. Work with site supervisors and regional maintenance assets for improvement
- Evaluate plant/facilities/distribution system operations; identify areas for process improvement, and support development of improvement plans.
- Provide technical expertise for chilled water, steam and hot water system computer modeling programs for optimization of the operation of the plants and systems. Supports production costing models to guide business development decisions
- Act as regional technical expert to assists site management and contractor personnel, and interface with corporate engineering
- Provide engineered solutions to site safety committee and management team for regional safety issues