The Engineering Intern position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing an engineering education to get hands on experience working with District Energy: end-to-end solutions combining heating and cooling systems or Energy Utilities: manage customers' steam production, cooling, compressed air, vacuum and power networks. This position is available to work full time during the summer of 2020 and part-time during the 2020/2021 school year and.
As an Engineering Intern you will be called upon to support a variety of engineering activities; conduct inventory of distribution equipment and data entry and population into data distribution system.
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs, climbing in and out of confined spaces including manholes. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 50-lb load.
· Walk down plant systems and develop “As Built” operations Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s). Final product will be an ACAD drawing generated as part of this effort. System & component identification will be integrated in this process
· Ability and willingness to learn plant and steam, distribution systems, operations, and maintenance activities
· Provide operations engineering as needed for plant & distribution performance optimization
· Weekly meetings with plant staff (update plant staff of current progress)
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
· Currently enrolled in a technical program
· Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, AutoCAD, and desire to learn and leverage new technology platforms
· Requires excellent time management, organization and prioritization capability and excellent communication and organizational skills
· Must be safety conscious, able to follow direction, and have a curious attitude
· Motivated and dynamic person with ability to work independently and part of a team
· Technically oriented
· Resourceful and proactive