What will you be doing?
In this role, the ERP Finance Project Systems Lead will be responsible to oversee Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations Project Systems implementation and improvements for on time, on budget, and successful outcomes. This position will work with the cross-functional leaders (e.g., Finance, Procurement, and business teams) focusing on financial impacts to define the plan for project execution, resource needs, capital investment, delivery partner and budgeting.
The ERP Finance Project Systems Lead will provide team oversight for governance process, communications, and risk management. Responsibilities will include updates on budget, timely execution of projects, assessment and prioritization of new requests. This position will be able to translate business needs into IT requirements.
In addition, you will:
- Lead multifunctional project team to implement, support, enhance, and improve Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations systems.
- Participate in the execution of the IT strategy in collaboration with key functional stakeholders
- Interact with internal business partners and key stakeholders while leading the functional design, development, and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations application modules for business processes within established standards and documentation guidelines
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Human Resources) and external stakeholders (e.g., ERP vendor, system integrator) while leading the projects. Design and configure the ERP Solution for core finance modules; developing, testing and implementing agreed solutions
- Ensure all interfaces are aligned and operational
- Ensure compliance with system architecture, operational process, and financial requirements including validation methods, standards and practices as established by Vicinity Energy.
- Manage the data migration strategy and ensuring the successful migration of agreed data to the new system
- Provide solutions, directions, and options where business requirements misalign with systems operations and functionality
- Organizing and delivering training for users
- Assess requests for system changes related to projects and follow through to production approval.
- Communicate project expectations to team members and prepare for leadership engagement reviews (interaction with senior leaders)
- Be a “Subject Matter Expert” to the project systems user community (Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Field Service, and Finance) to understand systems functioning and blueprint, resolve issues and scope improvements
- Lead simplification projects to improve productivity and effectiveness
- Ensure the integration and coordination of all the various project teams and functional IT group’s issues and solutions to minimize resource misdirection, conflicting functionalities, and system/functional downtimes
- Work with ERP vendor to test periodic system updates and migrate to production
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA) in Business or Finance from an accredited college or university; MBA or any other post-graduate preferred
- At least 5 years of Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations experience
- Proven experience of leading finance system implementations
- Knowledge of finance systems, financial reporting and financial accounting processes
- Enterprise Applications integration experience with other enterprise
- 5+ years project management experience
- Fluent in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams/programs/ projects
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Established project management skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to negotiate at the senior level and work cross-functionally
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to take ownership of tasks and activities and drive them to completion
- PMI or PMP certification preferred