With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
Vicinity operates a district energy business (steam, hot water and chilled water) in Baltimore, MD. District energy operations in Baltimore encompasses eight steam, hot water and chilled water plants, over 20 miles of piping and over 250 customers.
In support of operations, Vicinity is seeking a Distribution Mechanic A who will perform maintenance to maintain the reliability of the distribution system.
● Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies
● Identify, report and/or correct unsafe work environments
● Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations
● Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner
● Install, repair, replace, and trouble shoot distribution equipment to include: piping
● systems, valves, traps, and pumps.
● Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled
● Accomplish high quality position and shop welds
● Must be able to work mandatory overtime and rotating shifts as required- including off
● hours call-in rotation
● Exercise caution in the use and maintenance of all company equipment
● Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
● Perform other duties as assigned by Distribution Manager
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
● 5 years of experience in operations and maintenance of piping systems
● Valid Maryland Stationary Engineers License is huge plus– prefer a First Grade license
● Valid driver’s license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier
● Five years work experience in operation and maintenance of piping systems
● Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
● Possess a 6G welding certification required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
● Ability to lift 90 pounds
● Ability to work in confined spaces such as boilers, tanks and manholes
● Ability to climb and tolerate heights up to 100 feet