With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
Baltimore’s district energy operation encompasses eight (8) steam, hot water or chilled water plants, over 20 miles of distribution piping, and over 250 customers. In addition, Vicinity provides Operations and Maintenance services to several large campuses in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
To support operations, Vicinity is seeking a Customer Service Maintenance Planner. This person must have knowledge of mechanical and piping systems with a high level of expertise using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), preferably Maximo. CMMS will be used to manage the backlog of work; maintain a list of priority outage work; plan and schedule work; add, modify, and delete equipment data records; managing the PM programs; and run reports in order to keep the organization updated on progress and areas of concern. This individual will also develop plans and schedules and track work progress on maintenance projects. Employ reliability centered maintenance concepts to preventive maintenance program. The position reports to the Distribution Manager and will have no direct reports.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Issues reports and provides updates on work order aging, work plans, schedules
and progress updates.
- Prepares permit plans and works with city officials to obtain permits and
communicate with Transit and Traffic to excavate within city limits
- Identify critical path obstacles in the process and work through them
- Coordinate the results analysis of the PM program as well to identify potential
hazards and the plans to prevent them from occurring
- Work with the Distribution Manager and project engineer in the development of
outage scopes based on existing work orders, a knowledge of concerns, and
expected PM work
- Interface with customers and coordinating work with them
- Able to read blueprints/drawings
- Use the tools in CMMS to update schedules and work order statuses
- Develop and update long term milestones and project schedules
- Maintain the maintenance of the fleet truck equipment using contract lease
- Maintains safe working conditions: identifies and corrects or reports unsafe
conditions in work areas.
- Serve as the onsite lead and company representative on distribution outages.
- Perform maintenance work in the field which includes installing, repairing, replacing
and troubleshooting distribution equipment including: piping, valves, traps and expansion joints