Director of Business Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Business Operations (DSO) manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
The DSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Commercial Strategy, the DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm's technology investments.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- May directly manage a support staff made up of Administrative Specialists, Sales Operations Coordinators, or Analysts.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- 5+ years Salesforce systems experience (Salesforce admin certification preferred), including the creation and maintenance of dashboards, list views and reports
- Must be analytical, with strong ability to extract data, conduct analysis, provide recommendations and uncover business insights
- Medical device industry experience is preferred
- Travel 30% (less if based in Waltham, MA)
BusinessView all jobs at Vicarious Surgical