3rd Shift Equipment Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing
Vibracoustic Manchester, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
3RD SHIFT HOURS ARE SUNDAY-THURSDAY 11P - 7A (overtime as applicable)
Vibracoustic is a leading global automotive NVH expert, providing customized solutions adding comfort and supporting efficiency, safety and durability. Its expertise along the entire product life cycle and all vehicle systems as well as its broad product range enable Vibracoustic to solve current and future NVH challenges across all automotive segments. With more than 10,000 employees at 43 production and engineering locations across 19 countries, Vibracoustic serves all major automotive manufacturers. For more information, see www.vibracoustic.com
Vibracoustic has an opening for an experienced production equipment maintenance technician on 3rd shift in our Manchester, New Hampshire manufacturing facility. NOTE: This position will require training on first shift for approximately 4-6 weeks before transferring to third shift; shift differential will be paid during the training period.
The primary responsibility of a Maintenance Technician is to install, remove, repair and maintain equipment for production operations; proactively drive machine uptime and efficiencies, manage machine and spare part inventory, and support internal and customer qualification requirements for new equipment and/or production processes.
The incumbent of this position will also perform repair and maintenance of <50v low-voltage and high voltage up to 480v, programmable logic controls (PLCs), and computer operated equipment, and other related manufacturing equipment. Ensures technology of electronic operating systems remains current and serviceable. Identifies complex mechanical deficiencies for manufacturing equipment and determines corrective actions. Provides technical expertise for project/program implementation and resolution. Assists with hands-on installation or modification of equipment.
NOTE: This is a safety-sensitive position.
- Assembles, installs and maintains a wide variety of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, repairs and replaces equipment components such as gauges, valves, belts, regulators, motors, etc.
- Monitors equipment performance and evaluates unusual sounds and/or output from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with the Maintenance Manager and/or repairs the machine.
• Troubleshoot computerized and electro-mechanical production equipment to determine cause and correct problems.
• Maintain low-voltage and high-voltage systems using diagnostic equipment, prints, schematics, and equipment manuals.
• Make programming adjustments to equipment as required.
• Perform programming and wiring as required.
• Assists with the establishment and maintenance of all electrical drawings, back-up controls, hardware and controls software. Maintain appropriate equipment documentation to record modifications to equipment, logic systems and programmable controls.
• Completes work orders as assigned ensure proper release of equipment back to production.
• Performs daily inspections, preventative maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
• Assist with continuous improvement and development programs by analyzing conditions and developing resolutions.
• Flexibility of working overtime hours is necessary.
• Performs necessary functions to adhere to ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards.
• May perform other job related duties and assignments as necessary.
• May assist engineers, for specific project assignments.
• High School Diploma or GED required. A.S. in Electronics or some level of specialized technical/vocational training strongly preferred.
• 5-8 years equipment maintenance experience in an industrial setting. Solid understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems. Basic welding and plumbing experience required.
• Requires extensive knowledge of electro-mechanical repairs, coupled with experience in programming PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controls). Journeyman or Master Electrician license preferred.
• Requires mathematical aptitude, blueprint reading, ability to read wiring diagrams and hydraulic
schematics, and familiarity with electro-mechanical repair. Incumbent may be required to complete hazardous waste training.
• Position is a “Safety-Sensitive Job”. Incumbent will be required to have a minimum of 6 weeks of supervised training for maintenance on electrical equipment operating at >50 volts. A minimum of 4 weeks of training will be required for maintenance technicians performing maintenance on any equipment requiring lockout/tagout. Supervised training will be required if incumbent will be working at heights above 4 feet, including any task performed on vehicle-mounted work platforms or on the building roof. A minimum of 2 weeks of supervised training will be needed for fork truck use. An additional 1 week minimized supervised training may be needed if incumbent is required to handle chemicals.
• Ability to use various hand-held and power tools. May use welding equipment.
• Must be customer oriented, have strong communication and collaboration skills and be capable of prioritizing projects based upon customer and production impact
Candidates for positions with Vibracoustic must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Vibracoustic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Vibracoustic offers a solid track record of growth and expansion in the highly competitive automotive industry as well as a complete benefits package including health/prescription/dental/vision options, short term disability, long term disability, basic life insurance, additional optional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a company match.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $27.00 per hour
All employees and visitors are required to wear a face mask and regular clean work areas. Daily health and temperature screening as entering the facility.
VibracousticWhy Work Here?
Fast paced environment involving skill diversity, learning opportunities, great benefits and room for growth!
Vibracoustic is a leading manufacturer of molded microcellular urethane parts for the automotive industry. Our products take the noise and vibration out of the passenger experience which is key to customer satisfaction with their vehicle.
50 Ammon DriveManchester, NH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Vibracoustic