Position Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Direct Reports: No
Status: Full Time
The primary purpose of this job is to operate second operation machinery and/or performs finish operations.
· Adheres to Viant Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
· Operates second operation machinery with assistance from lead personnel.
· Assemble complex assemblies.
· Performs finishing operations using buffing and sanding machines.
· Inspects parts visually and dimensionally to assure conformance to requirements.
· Cleans and maintains machinery as necessary.
· Performs other functions as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2 years of manufacturing and inspection experience.
Ability to read and understand blueprints. Ability to work with small precision parts.
Micrometers, calipers, and hand tools.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects. Ability to use hands to assemble.
(Close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Worker is subject to noise, vibration, hazards, and chemicals.
Position location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
(LG1)From Dictionary of Occupational Titles