Planner/Buyer II (Mid)
Supply Chain Manager
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Internally - All levels of employees
Externally - Outside customers and vendors
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management members or their designees, this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment and this organization reserves the right to revise and/or change job duties as the need arises.
Schedules, orders and coordinates the delivery of parts/materials, equipment and services used in product manufacturing according to production plans. Controls the inventory of assigned production parts/ materials in accordance with management objectives. Expedites requirements as needed (e.g, order action, shortage/pre-shortage, later order reports). Establishes standard cost on assigned production parts/materials, equipment or supplier orders. As a cross-functional team member, represents supply base and takes actions necessary to support quoting, production, cost savings initiatives, quality/complaint investigations and other supply claim related activities.
In addition to regular and timely attendance, there include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrates company core values: Strong team player as measured by peers (behavior and work ethic). Complies with work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, quality system and the Viant Quality Management system.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager in the review and updating of the masterplan demand plans for their assigned areas required.
- Creates, schedules and maintains production orders with Oracle for assigned work centers to load the factory to ensure manufacturing cycle times goals are obtained for their site.
- Responsible for working with suppliers to property track and report on OTD (On time delivery) cycle time and yield for production orders on a weekly basis.
- Prepares instructions and oversees purchasing systems and procedures, reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Responsible for tactical procurement in support of the sites production schedules, as well as purchase order releases on blanket agreements negotiated with Viant Global Sourcing team
- Prepares management reports as required (Inventory ABC analysis/cost savings program; raw material cost track, etc); Tracks and updates operating/experience budget
- Procures all products to necessary dock dates to ensure on-time production starts per production schedule
- Ensures materials are utilized to minimize excess and obsolescence exposure
- Works with Global Sourcing to develop cost reduction programs with suppliers to ensure an annual reduction is achieved per facility objectives for both common Viant Materials working with Global sourcing as well as direct spend activities
- Timely sourcing and cost effective procurement of raw materials, as well as outside services
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop planning and procurement activities from conceptual state through life-cycle of product.
- Responsible for site procurement activities (raw materials and outside services (OSV)
- Managing and maintaining supplier programs, including the implementation of Kanban Replenishment Consigned Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs in areas such as raw materials, tooling, etc
- Supplier performance management-responsible for working with site operations quality and global sourcing on supplier reports cards to insure that plans of action are developed and implemented for improving poor performing suppliers
- In support of facility inventory turn objectives, develops supplier consignment program to ensure necessary materials are on site (in aggregate including WIP and finished goods)
- Responsible for assisting and in development implementation/maintenance of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including Kanban/Pull systems with vendor and production.
- Leads cross-functional teams chartered to perform Supply Chain related continual improvement and/or problem solving
Environmental Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, sill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University: and 3 plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent PC skills and working knowledge of fully integrated computerized manufacturing and accounting system. CPIM/ CPM preferred.
Excellent communication skills ability to red, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports customer prints or other specifications, and legal documents ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to all levels in the organization and top management.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations, in addition, basic knowledge or statistical process control techniques.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
It is impossible to list every requirement for or responsibility of any position. Similarly we cannot identify all of the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the company’s needs may change over time. Therefore the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The company reserves the right to adjust, add or to eliminate any aspect of the above description. The company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.