Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation has an exciting new opportunity for an Art Director to work on a CG animated sitcom in Unreal Engine. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the CG animation pipeline and Unreal Engine 4. The Art Director is responsible for maintain the style of the show while satisfying technical requirements, oversees the design team, and works with the CG team to ensure characters, sets, and props are executing successfully on creative expectations.
- Collaborate with the Supervising Producer and Directors to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
- Develop and communicate a clear design vision (including Characters, Sets, Props, FX, Lighting, and Color) that will support the overall creative vision for the story and style of the project
- Participate in design reviews, provide clear notes for revisions, and assist with revisions as needed, both internally and with external vendors
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Supervising Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
- Mentor and support a team of artists and cultivate positive team morale
- Find artistic solutions which balance creative vision with production realities
- Collaborate with Technical artists and leads to develop efficient and productive art pipelines and establish metrics which ensure artistic goals are met within technical performance targets.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Production Artist with a minimum of 3 years at a senior level or above in television animation, feature animation, or video games
- 2-3 years of experience working in Unreal Engine
- Experience working in Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter.
- Technical mindset with experience of implementing assets in Unreal Engine
- Proven ability to balance aesthetics with performance and usability
- Experienced with CG Software - Maya, Z Brush, Substance
- Understanding of Unreal Engine and Real Time Workflows
- Experience supervising a design team including delegating, giving feedback, and providing constructive criticism to creatives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Is a team player, who genuinely enjoys working with others
- Must have ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration
- Extensive knowledge of the CG animation process
- Ability to assist in asset creation and design for props and environments
- Ideal candidates will be able to provide applicable portfolio samples
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
\# of Openings 1