Via Care Community Health Center
JOB TITLE: Call Center Representative
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Patient Experience
STATUS: Hourly/Full-Time – Non Exempt
MISSION AND VISION
The mission of Via Care Community Health Center (VCCHC) is to provide exceptional health care services to patients in our service area throughout their lives. We envision the day when affordable health care is available to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The point of initial contact into the Health Center. Handles incoming calls from patients and the public, schedules appointments, makes follow-up calls to patients and provides accurate information. Exchanges pertinent and non-routine information, answers questions and offers guidance, either face to face, through written correspondence or via the telephone with individuals on a continual basis. Additionally, the Call Center Representative schedules appointments, maintains documentation and records, facilitates the smooth running of the front office, and supports the delivery of quality patient care.
Responsible for calling patients and arranging appointments with their primary care providers for specific reasons and doing so in a caring and professional manner:
Responsible for scheduling appointments for patients with their primary care providers for IHA (Initial Health Assessments) for Medicare and Medicare-MediCal patients within 120 days of assignment;
· Established patients with chronic conditions in need of a follow up visit, test o treatment that has not been performed;
· Patients who have been assigned to VCCHC by a managed care plan but have
not been seen by VCCHC within the year;
· Patients who have been discharged from the hospital after an inpatient stay
within X number of days after discharge;
· Patients who have been in the ER within 3 days from the discharge from the ER;
and Patients who have missed medically necessary visits or
· Schedule appointments for x-rays, lab visits, vaccinations, etc. as
· Update patient information and patient registration
· Assist with the referral process.
· Attend all required meetings and
· Consistently demonstrate and uphold VCCHC's principle of providing quality
health and human services to the medically undeserved and low-income
populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
· All other duties as assigned
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making
· Ability to communicate clearly and
· Ability to plan and be organized.
· Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, be flexible and
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and company records.
· Ability to exhibit good interpersonal communications skills
· Professional appearance and
· Ability to convey a positive and professional image to the public and patients
· Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft
· Excel, and Word, Internet and networking
· Demonstrated ability to learn EHR and follow instructions in that system
· Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. VCCHC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Via Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Working Conditions Normal office environment with:
· Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling
· Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and
· Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
· Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with staff, managers and other
· levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· High school graduate or its equivalency;
· Experience in medical front office procedures preferred and knowledge of medical terminology;
· Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards;
· Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully handle dissatisfied patients;
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and flexible;
· Knowledge of standard office machines including copier, fax, multi‐line telephone, printers, etc.;
· Ability to be a team player; support and assist team members.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
· Prior experience working with undeserved populations preferred
· Valid California Driver License and automobile insurance coverage;
· Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment; and
· TB clearance, to be renewed every year.