Technical Operations Manager
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Technical Operations Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Manage a diverse team of Field Service Supervisors/ Field Technicians responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining fiber services for our customers. Works with other members of management team to develop and implement strategic plans to achieve department goals as well as Vexus Fiber overall goals. Safety, quality issues, workforce performance, feedback and training, and employee relations will be key performance indicators.
- Serves as a role model and company leader
- Motivates, develops and mentors supervisors and technicians
- Removes barriers and solves problems to ensure team is productive
- Promotes safety awareness among employees and assures compliance with safety regulations and reporting. Verifies that technicians have proper safety equipment, follow safety policies and ensures that disciplinary action regarding violations of safety policy are enforced.
- Assures the completion of scheduled work by overseeing daily activities and makes recommendations or changes as needed
- Holds supervisors accountable for managing technician performance to meet company and customer expectations
- Helps supervisors identify performance gaps and develops techs’ knowledge, skills and abilities when additional training is necessary
- Manages contract labor utilization and serves as a liaison with contractors and customers as needed
- Helps resolve complex customer issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Monitor daily success of KPI performance to help gauge market success
- Build interdepartmental relationships to help maintain smooth installation and Trouble calls.
- Help with quality control and turn up of new market build areas.
- Able to apply leadership skills effectively
- Able to prioritize, organize, and Multitask
- Able to drive company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communicator
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to carry and use tools and equipment as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Field service experience with fiber installation
- In-depth knowledge of fiber installation technology, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record
Vexus is an equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Vexus Fiber
Get fresh Director Technical Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.