Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead the way at Veterinary United!
This position is not your average Director of Operations position, this position needs an integrator and if you have read the book TRACTION then you know what I mean! This position is diverse and needs someone who can wear multiple hats, we need someone who can relate to teams and move them forward in a supportive accountable way, someone who can not only see the issues that arise but also understand what is the best way to work through it, while we want things to be black and white or right or wrong, we navigate a lot of gray area and we have to be able to navigate the gray while still maintaining our standards and processes. We are a growing company and that means constant change and awkward growing seasons that challenge us to think outside the box. This person is unique and can adapt quickly to situations that arise and can think on their feet, someone with a lot of experience that compliments the education. If this speaks to you, we should talk, the details of the position are below.
We are looking for a dynamic self-driven leader to join our growing group. This position would report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and work very closely with the entire senior leadership team establishing standards, practices, policies and expectations for delivering a great patient, client and employee experience. The intent is to gather feedback and information on what is working and what is not within our clinics and continue to establish best practices to improve efficiencies and effectiveness while developing the leaders within.
This position would oversee the operations team and the site leaders of each location to improve the client experience and our operational efficiencies. This position will function in multiple roles to include coaching, training, oversight of best practices, ensuring financial metrics are met as well as ensuring regulatory matters are adhered to. Key measures of success include revenue and financial metrics such as inventory and cost of goods sold, employee engagement and retention.
Key competencies required in this position include strategic and systematic thinking, and being able to establish short, medium, and long-term goals based on our internal strategic plan. The ability to create new and innovative solutions in response to changes in the industry, market opportunities and people development is essential. We are looking for an individual that is creative, results-oriented, has a strong operational expertise and is open to learning and growing with us.
Education and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Targeted disciplines include Veterinary or healthcare management, hospitality management and finance/general business.
· 3 to 5-year minimum experience in business management showing increased responsibility and experience troubleshooting problems, seeking creative solutions, and supervising multiple people on multiple projects.
· Strong financial acumen.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong passion, empathy and compassion for people and their pets.
· Proven focus on continuous improvement and strategic problem solving.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization to anticipate issues related to the hospital, the client and the employee experience.
· Addresses problems and process gaps in a pro-active, solutions-oriented manner.
· Makes recommendations regarding overall business improvement.
· Assesses technology platforms to implement updates to improve performance.
· Partners with operations team to create and implement an Operational Readiness Playbook defining execution of brand strategy focusing on hospitality.
· Establishes and leads processes for implementation of an Operational Readiness Playbook.
· Drives consistency and coaching in roles and responsibilities of key positions.
· Provides site visit summaries for senior leadership team with recommendations for improvement.
· Creates and implements progress reports of playbook implementation and ongoing compliance.
· Collaborates with COO, Chief Analytics Officer and Chief Financial Officer or Controller on KPI business reporting package.
· Reviews regulatory standards and communicates updates / requirements as needed.
Training & Coaching
· Assesses the training needs for staff by department and ensures training is available and or provides training as needed.
· Coach leaders to be good stewards of their respective finances, share best practices, and tips for improvement.
· Research root causes for budget discrepancies and variances to address issues and implement improvements across each location.
· Provides feedback and coaching to site leaders and department directors regarding employee performance.
· Assists in the retention of qualified staff and in the development and maintenance of a positive and supportive team culture.
Audits / Site Visits
· Conducts regularly scheduled on-site visits/check ins with hospital teams to obtain feedback on operational best practices and opportunities for improvement - discuss findings with senior leadership.
· Ensures standards are adhered to by conducting reviews / audits.
AddressNew Baltimore, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Veterinary United