Veterinary Technician - Surgery
Do you have the drive and passion that is needed in a Veterinary Specialty Surgical Center?
Are you looking to work in a dynamic environment where you are able to push yourself to use all your skills while learning new abilities from a specialty surgical team?
Veterinary Surgical Centers might be the perfect place for you!
Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSC), a small animal surgery, rehabilitation and sports medicine practice that is seeking passionate, dedicated and motivated Licensed Veterinary Technicians to help build and develop the foundation at our brand-new location in Leesburg, VA.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, team driven individual with 1 to 3 years of veterinary experience. Candidates with experience in specialty veterinary medicine and/or small animal anesthesia, as well as certification (CVT, RVT, LVT) will be required.
You must have a 2-year Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology from an accredited U.S. Veterinary Technician College.
VTS (Anesthesia or Surgery) members are HIGHLY encouraged to apply. We are willing to consider candidates with less experience who have a strong desire to advance their knowledge and practice of anesthesia.
The ideal candidate also will:
- Work as a cohesive team player in group settings as well as be able to work independently
- Demonstrate strong communication skills in a surgical setting along with having fast problem-solving mentality in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Be comfortable with multi-parameter monitoring equipment, inhalant, and injectable anesthesia agents
- Have a drive for provided the best possible patient care in veterinary medicine
- Have ability to multitask at a high level
- Be dependable, trustworthy with strong work ethic and a willingness to continue developing their skills
Duties to include:
- Assisting our team of board-certified specialists in care and surgical procedures
- Performing all laboratory in-hospital procedures and to prepare specimens for outside laboratories
- Taking patient histories, monitoring vitals, and checking weights on patients
- Cleaning, stocking, transferring and discharging patients
- Delivering strong and professional customer service to clients, and more!
We are currently looking to fill full-time positions for our Leesburg, VA location, which is located inside of The Life Centre. The hired applicant would be expected to work 5 days a week, Monday – Friday. We can accommodate for flexibility.
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with 100% company match of up to 3%, and a 50% match for the 4th and 5th%
- Generous paid time off to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability, voluntary life insurance available
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- IDEXX diagnostic fees for personal pets covered
- Personal pet care discounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Veterinary Surgical CentersLeesburg, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.