Veterinarian - Sports Medicine
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Rehabilitation at Veterinary Surgical Centers (VSCR), a multi-location small animal sports medicine and rehabilitation practice in Northern Virginia, is seeking an experienced Full-Time ACVSMR Sprots Medicine Doctor to join its growing team. This position is based in Vienna, VA with additional coverage at our brand new facility in Gaithersburg, MD (opening June 2023).
- DVM with 5 years + experience, Diplomate ACVSMR preferred
- CCRT or CCRP certification, with a minimum of 3 years of experience if not AVSMR diplomate
- Strong communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to lead a team of veterinarians, rehab practitioners and assistants
- Be able to balance clinical hours and administrative duties
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and solutions-oriented approach
Responsibilities: Evaluate patients with sport medicine injuries as direct referrals, conduct rehabilitation and pain management assessments for in-house cases from five board-certified surgeons or evaluate outside rehab referrals; evaluate radiographs; modify medications as needed; supervise support staff; and participate in marketing/outreach efforts and relationship building to drive referrals and expand the sport medicine portion of the practice.
At VSCR, we are committed to providing world-class orthopedic and soft tissue surgery and rehabilitation in a respectful atmosphere that brings comfort to owners and instills confidence in the primary veterinarian. Our rehabilitation program includes acupuncture, therapeutic laser, ultrasound, e-stim, hydrotherapy (AquaPaws), therapeutic exercise equipment, shockwave therapy (Pulse Vet), PRP, stem cell treatment and much more.
Each of our clinics shares a facility with other specialty practices, allowing for direct daily collaboration with specialists in surgery, oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, and others. This collaborative approach to medicine allows for the highest quality of patient care as well as continuous learning. With an emphasis on mentorship, hands-on learning, and journal review, our curriculum helps to prepare individuals for an impactful career in small animal surgery and rehabilitation.
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- We provide a bi-weekly stipend for two of our medical plans that will fully cover employee enrollment
- 401K with 100% company match of up to 3%, and a 50% match for the 4thand 5th%
- Generous paid time off to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability, voluntary life insurance available
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- IDEXX diagnostic fees for personal pets covered
- Monthly pet-insurance stipend of $50
- Monthly contribution for student loan repayment program of $437.50 for up to five years
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Licensure professional fee coverage and defense insurance
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Veterinary Surgical CentersGaithersburg, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.