Delivery Driver - Class B with Hazmat
- Posted: over a month ago
Veterinary Service, Inc.
Distributor of Animal Health ProductsJOB DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, delivery drivers are responsible for delivering materials, products, and merchandise within an assigned route and timeframe and unloading products from the trailer into the customer's designated storage area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Delivers product within an assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs management team of any deviations. Routes are subject to change.
- Checks paperwork for any special instructions, off-day deliveries, and return goods authorizations (RGA's)
- Ensures all pallets, bins, racks, totes, etc. are loaded and strapped appropriately.
- Unloads product by hand or using hand cart or electric pallet jack, and places in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Verifies delivery of items with customer and obtains proper signatures. Contacts management for authorization when there are discrepancies on invoices and communicates all errors/returns.
- Picks up, loads and unloads damaged goods and customer returns, and completes necessary paperwork.
- Places perishable returns into VSI coolers.
- Performs coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and VSI policies and procedures.
- Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advises supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand carts, pallets, load bars, pallet jacks, and adheres to all personal protective equipment (PPE) procedures.
- Meets or exceeds minimum productivity levels established by the company.
- Develops a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Represents VSI in a professional manner at all times.
- Excellent attendance and dependability is an essential requirement of this job and have the ability to work overtime as needed/required.
- Responsible for maintaining good-housekeeping habits by keeping work areas clean and organized during work shift.
- Establishes and maintains positive work relationships with co-workers, management, customers, and vendors/suppliers to create value and opportunity for VSI growth.
- Based on business needs, may be required to travel periodically.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance and conduct at all times.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and participates in group discussions.
- Performs other job-related job tasks, work assignments and/or special projects as directed/assigned by Management.
The employee must have demonstrated experience and/or education as outlined below in order to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties and responsibilities. Qualifications may include, but are not limited, to:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
- Two (2) or more years of delivery driver experience in manufacturing, warehouse distribution, or similar work environment; or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that will provide the level of knowledge, skills, and ability required for the job.
- Must possess a valid drivers license; appropriate for the specific delivery position. Class A, Class B, CMV with airbrakes.
- Must possess required endorsements; ie HAZMAT, Tankard, Doubles, Triples, if required by position.
- Must maintain current medical card.
- Must possess and maintain necessary commercial drivers license as needed. (Class A, Class B, Class C)
- Must possess and maintain necessary endorsements as needed (Hazmat, Airbrakes, Doubles, Triples, Tankers)
- Proactive team-building and relationship building, including the ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and internal Company programs/applications).
- Proficient math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, common fractions and decimals).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business procedures, work instructions, training materials, professional, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving, resolution skills, and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrated customer services skills, ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast pace demanding work environment, ability to handle multiple job duties with frequent interruptions with calmness and professionalism.
- This position may require employee to operate Company provided vehicle or their own personal vehicle to conduct work-related business and therefore requires a valid drivers license, clean DMV record and current vehicle registration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The Physical Demands and Working Conditions of this job may require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Physical Demands and Working Conditions. Physical Demands and Working Conditions may include, but are not limited, to:
- Regularly uses warehouse equipment (electrical forklift, pallet jack, hand cart, load bars, e-straps personal protective equipment, and resources) for successful completion of job duties.
- Operates a vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Be safe and obey the law at all times.
- Regularly uses a telephone/cell phone, computer (including keyboard), email and/or fax for necessary communications.
- Required to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- May enter and place product in refrigerators, and coolers.
- Constantly bends, kneels, and twists while loading and unloading product and retrieving items from trailer.
- Frequently reaches up to 72" to stack and unstack pallets and hand carts.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and hearing.
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision, peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed.
- Will frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs up to 75lbs., and at times may weigh up to 100lbs
- Noise level for this work environment is typically moderate to high.
- A safety-sensitive position is one in which job performance can affect the safety of the employee and others. An employer must be able to demonstrate that the employee's inability or impaired ability to perform job-related tasks could result in a direct threat to their safety and/or the safety of others.
Veterinary Services Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Veterinary Services Inc.