Veterinary Techinician - Abingdon Square Veterinary Clinic - NYC
Abingdon Square Veterinary Clinic is a state-of-the-art five doctor practice in the Greenwich Village/West Village neighborhood of Manhattan, looking for an experienced, capable, and dedicated inventory manager/veterinary technician. We pride ourselves in our practice of low stress handling. We strive to create a fear free environment and promote client education regarding early socialization and positive reward-based training. We are also a Feline Friendly and Human Animal Bond Certified Hospital.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting veterinarian with office appointments
- Taking patient history & giving discharge and medicine instructions
- Proper animal restraint
- Performing treatments
- Administering medications by IV, IM, or SQ injections
- Diagnostic testing, preparing samples for laboratory testing
- Performing in hospital lab tests
- Filling prescriptions
- Venipuncture/ IV catheter placement
- Taking digital radiographs
- Assisting veterinarian with surgical and dental procedures
- Surgical prep
- Wrapping surgical packs efficiently
- Using an autoclave to sterilize instruments
- Monitoring anesthesia
- Pre & post-surgical care
- Using a computer to enter medical notes and charges
Our ideal candidate would be a go-getter, with veterinary technician experience who is ready to jump in and use your skills!
Salary: $22-40 per hour commensurate with licensure and experience
Abingdon Square Veterinary Clinic offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including health insurance, PTO, eligibility to participate in matching 401k, CE allowance, membership dues, uniform allowance, tuition assistance and discounted health care for pets.
Veterinary Innovative PartnersNew York, NY
AnimalView All Veterinary Innovative Partners Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.