We are looking for a Veterinary Assistant to care for animals and support Veterinarians. You'll play an important role in bringing comfort to our furry patients and ensuring the smooth running of our facility. One of the most important Veterinary Assistant responsibilities is to ensure all areas are clean, for animals and humans alike. We'll also rely on you to assist the Veterinarian in examinations and operations. Veterinary Assistant skills Do you love animals? Then you're halfway there. You also need the ability to care for them properly - that's one of the most important Vet Assistant job requirements. This includes knowledge of routine tasks, like feeding or bathing animals, but also readiness to care for injured or scared animals that might occasionally lash out. If you're also organized, quick on your feet and have the stomach to help with medical operations and euthanasia, we'd like to meet you.
- Feed, groom and weigh animals
- Clean cages and bathe animals
- Sterilize equipment and clean examination tables and rooms
- Restrain animals during examinations or vaccinations
- Soothe upset or frightened animals
- Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians (e.g. by mixing it with food)
- Observe animal behavior or health condition and report to the Vet
- Help in cases of emergencies
- Handle administrative duties such as scheduling appointments or calling patients in the examination room by priority
- Keep accurate records and logs
- Reassure clients that their pets are being cared for and explain issues (e.g. lack of appointments, insurance matters)
- Advise pet owners on nutrition and healthcare
- Proven experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and caring personality
- Ability to follow instructions properly
- Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs, birds, reptiles etc.)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (e.g. lift up to 40 lbs)
- Availability to occasionally work in emergencies
- High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Full time benefits include group health insurance with dental and vision options. CAH also offers Vacation and sick leave, uniform allowance, employee pet discounts, and eligibility to participate in our 401K plan.
Visit us at https://www.chantillyanimalhospital.com/about/
Job Type: Full-time
• High school or equivalent
Compenstion based upon experience
Veterinary Innovative PartnersChantilly, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.