Medical Director, VEG Upper East Side, NYC
Veterinary Emergency Group Paramus, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A VEG Medical Director is a job that gives you ownership, autonomy and unlimited growth. In short, it's a job you will brag about! We offer the highest compensation in the industry along with equity in our company and long-term growth. Something you cant get at any other Emergency Veterinary business!
The family you will be joining:
VEG is a rapidly growing group of emergency practices with multiple locations and a single mission: Helping People and Their Pets When They Need it Most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a client first mentality. Were a group of passionate thought leaders that believe in the power of an open mind and servant leadership.
If youre the ideal candidate, youll:
- Has earned a DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree
- Is fulfilled by helping others & providing mentorship while leading a team of rockstar Emergency Veterinarians
- Thrive in team-oriented environments (think hospital retreats, team dinners, happy hours and more!)
- Have a glass half full attitude, be humble and coachable
- Live and breathes emergency medicine
- Be passionate about emergency surgery (the soft tissue kind!)
As a Medical Director with VEG, you don't work any clinical shifts as the primary veterinarian! This means, 100% of your time is focused on building, growing and maintaining your hopsital. Your time should be spent leading, coaching, and inspiring your team, marketing to rDVMS, building a kick-a** schedule, and recruiting for incredible VEGgies! Here are some details:
- Building and managing relationships with referring veterinarians
- Regular visits to referring vets
- Attending veterinary association meetings when possible
- Monitoring RingCentral and referral stats
- Creating the doctors schedule (regular, vacation, holidays)
- Distributing the schedule
- Assisting with coverage and/or replacements for shifts as needed
- Scheduling and organizing doctors meetings
- Setting agenda for doctors meetings
- Human Resources and Management
- Coordinating the evaluation of the doctors and maintaining those records
- Preparing and conducting development meetings with associate doctors
- Participating in coaching of doctors, alongside Chief Medical Officer
- Collaborate with the Practice Manager on co-management of the hospital
Why you should choose us: Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Healthcare benefits and 401(k) starting on day 1 of employment!
- Up to 10 weeks of parental leave with 100% pay
- Short Term & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- A variety of Wellness Resources
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance (3 shifts a week is full-time for us!)
- Fresh groceries sent weekly, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
- Plenty of company outings and team building events
- Tons of VEG swag!
- And so much more!
Veterinary Emergency Group
HealthcareView all jobs at Veterinary Emergency Group