Veterinary Technician/Nurse Student Externship
WHO WE ARE
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing emergency company with hospital locations across the United States. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are revolutionizing emergency medicine with a "customer first" mentality and a true, employee-centric work environment.
TALENT + CULTURE AT VEG
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued; we want our employees to feel the same way. What we're aiming to achieve on the customer side is equivalent in nature to what we want for our employees: to have the best experience possible. With the highest NPS score in our industry, we're ready to ensure that VEG is always the place where the best and brightest in the emergency world not only want to work, but stay and grow. For our customers and their pets, we strive to find a way to say, "yes." We do the same and more for our teams. In fact, VEG is one of this year's nominees for INC Magazine's Best Places to Work!
ABOUT THE EXTERNSHIP
VEG's Veterinary Technician/Nurse Student Externship Program gives vet tech/nursing students hands-on experience in emergency medicine while working alongside our credentialed, emergency veterinary technicians (known internally as Veterinary Nurses). Students will focus on honing their emergency skills including obtaining patient vitals, processing laboratory samples, caring for hospitalized patients, triaging emerging cases, and collaborating in a fast-paced environment. If you're as interested in emergency medicine as we are, we'd love to have you!
Note: This is an unpaid externship and rabies vaccinations are required unless your school's rabies mitigation policy allows you to be unvaccinated and still handle unvaccinated pets.
- Flexibility: YOU Choose the length of your externship to meet your school's requirements
- Location: YOU choose where you'd like to extern (depending on hospital bandwidth)
- Mentorship: YOU will be supported by a credentialed veterinary technician (VEG Veterinary Nurse)
- Focus: YOU will be fully-immersed in what emergency medicine truly entails
- Currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited veterinary technology/nursing program (or one actively seeking accreditation) and will be in a class that requires externship hours and/or skills. This application is not for veterinary students or veterinary assistant students - only veterinary technology/nursing students.
- Your externship must need to begin within 6 months of application.
- You must be vaccinated for rabies unless your school's rabies mitigation policy allows unvaccinated students to handle unvaccinated animals.
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG)White Plains, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.