Nursing Manager - Georgetown, D.C.
WHO WE ARE:
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is revolutionizing the Veterinary Emergency experience. Our mission is to help people and their pets when they need it most. Emergency is our middle name. It's all we do, so we do it best! The way that Veterinary Emergency was meant to be is now a reality. We are reimagining every part of the process with a unique customer experience, a highly trained emergency focused staff, and on-site advanced diagnostic tools and treatments. Our patients see a doctor right away, and clients can stay with their pet through every step of the process. We literally tear down old walls to unite customers with their VEGgie heroes and to see the amazing work they do. We liberate our employees to be all they can be. We brush away systems that don't make sense. We crush old rules. We breathe new life into the veterinary profession.
CULTURE AT VEG:
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued. We aim for our employees to feel the same way. We lead with our values of togetherness, openness, heroic helping, and meaningful moments. We are actively evolving to ensure that VEG is not only the best and brightest place to work today, but also a leader in how we think about elevating our employees to grow along with us. For our customers and their pets, we find a way to say, "Yes". We do the same for our employees.
This is not your average Nurse Leadership role! You will work closely with your hospital manager to ensure a one team experience for VEGgies, excellent medical/nursing care and a high level of customer service. Your success is measured by their success which is achieved through servant and inspirational leadership!
THE RESPONSIBILITIES: Nursing Excellence!
Nursing team workflow and collaboration
- Manage Day-to-day operations of nursing team
- Supervise nurses, technicians and assistants
- Schedule nurse, technician and assistant shifts
- Manage nursing payroll budgets
- Maximize utilization of downtime
- Maintain VEG culture & values
- Interview & Onboard new hires (offboarding support as needed)
- Work in conjunction with hospital leadership
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings
- Address patient care issues & interpersonal conflicts
- Implement VEG Nursing Guidelines/Policies/Projects
- Ensure team has supplies/tools needed to perform nursing care excellence
- Bridge gaps and unify VEG team members
- Collaborate with Medical Director to establish expectations & maintain standards of nursing excellence
- Incorporate feedback from doctors in guiding the nursing team
- Collaborate with shift leads to identify areas for process improvement
- Foster a learning culture for: Nurses, Technicians and Assistants
- Support growth of nursing team members
- Utilize in house trainers and other development tools
- Ensure credentialed veterinary nurses maintain licenses
- Participate in nursing team meetings & 1:1 check ins
- Drive development plans and performance improvements
- Organizes student internships and externships in coordination with Program Relations Manager
- Support training opportunities for New ER Nurse enrollees
- 5+ years experience in a clinical Nursing/Technician role
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- AS or BS in Veterinary Technology
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician
- Any Veterinary Technician Specialist is a plus, not required
- CVPM a plus, not required
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG)Washington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.