IT Field Support Specialist - East
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
Reports to: IT Field Ops Manager - East
Status: Full Time / Exempt
*This role has the option to sit in our headquarters (White Plains, NY) OR to be fully remote, however regular travel to our hospital locations will be required.*WHO WE ARE
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed veterinary emergency company with hospital locations across the USA. We are profitable, doubling our size every year, and supported by a multi-billion-dollar investor. Our mission is to help people and their pets when they need it most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a "customer first" mentality. We anticipate having 50+ locations by the end of 2023.THE ROLE'S MISSION
We're seeking an IT Field Support Specialist to physically support our existing hospitals while creating efficient processes to open future VEG hospitals. This includes hardware/software support, training delivery, maintenance, installation, and ensuring operational effectiveness. Additionally, assisting in the delivery, and improvement of software & hardware systems within the organization.WHO YOU NEED TO BE
We are looking for a high-energy, motivated, and passionate executor. This person knows how to get things done in a fast-paced, incredibly positive culture. You love what you do. You're a strong support partner with excellent interpersonal capabilities across a diverse group. You're able to quickly grasp the task at hand and apply value to the team where needed. You're happy to pitch in whenever and wherever in a developing environment. You have an excellent work ethic grounded in discretion and confidentiality. You love people + pets.WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Ability to understand general technology processes and tools to apply their usage at our hospitals.
- Proficient in Apple products and Mac OS. (Network experience is a Plus)
- Manage several tasks or projects at once
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can conform to and be flexible with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines using analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Assess, mentor, and coach future assigned direct reports ensuring the highest-level employee performance based on organizational goals, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within & outside of IT + outside of the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to physically move, handle, and lift computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Partner with all IT functional teams, IT Senior Management, corporate and divisional management to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Execute appropriate teamwork and communications with all local/regional leaders of the organization within their assigned region to ensure we meet our hospitals' needs.
- Collaboratively working with all stakeholders in supporting departmental & business initiatives while ensuring prioritization and execution of the initiatives are met.
- Represent the IT organization professionally in dealing with our VEGgies & Customers.
- Interview for additional staff as needed to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained.
- Focus on continuous IT improvements for a better customer experience.
- Maintain a consistent, open, proactive, and productive line of communications with the local leaders acting as their point of escalation within the IT organization, especially regarding service-related issues and requests.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing the proper operational measures
- Work with local staff to review and finalize specifications and project plans for various infrastructure and hospital projects.
- Negotiate agreements, costs, and support models with technology-related vendors during the mobilization of our hospitals.
- Define criteria, select, interview, and hire new Field Service resources based on local needs, minimum technology skills, and customer service skills
- Recommend and maintain streamlined Hospital technology and implement best practices.
- Manage, coordinate, and schedule resources for project coordination with the IT Project team.
- Travel is required; to support our local hospitals every day + New Hospital Openings. Frequent flights and driving will be required. Expect to be on the road 3-5 days per week at times, and willingness to drive and fly frequently is part of the role.
- Weekend or holiday travel may be required to align with our hospital openings.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Pay Range: $60,000 - $75,000 salary per year
- 401K w/ company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG)White Plains, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.