Hospital Manager - Larkspur, CA
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
WHO WE ARE:
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is revolutionizing the Veterinary Emergency experience. Our mission is to help people and their pets when they need it most. Emergency is our middle name. It's all we do, so we do it best.
The way that Veterinary Emergency was meant to be is now a reality. We are reimagining every part of the process with a unique customer experience, a highly trained emergency focused staff, and on-site advanced diagnostic tools and treatments. Our patients see a doctor right away and clients can stay with their pet through every step of the process. We literally tear down old walls to unite customers with their VEGgie heroes and to see the amazing work they do. We liberate our employees to be all they can be. We brush away systems that don't make sense. We crush old rules. We make new rules.
CULTURE AT VEG:
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued. We aim for our employees to feel the same way. We lead with our values of togetherness, openness, heroic helping, and meaningful moments. We are actively evolving to ensure that VEG is not only the best and brightest place to come work today, but also a leader in how we think about talent and development so that our employees grow along with us. For our customers and their pets, we find a way to say, "Yes". We do the same for our employees.
The mission as the Hospital Manager is to lead your people and operate your hospital the VEG way, actively advancing culture, engagement, efficiency, growth, and financial health.
- Provide your VEGgies with the education, support, tools, resources, and autonomy necessary to facilitate an excellent customer experience so that we are the obvious place to take your pet during an emergency.
- Develop collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships with referring vets and other businesses in your local community so that we are the obvious place to recommend when people need emergency pet care.
- Make your hospital the best place to work for emergency professionals so they brag about their jobs and their friends are jealous.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Actively recruit, hire, and onboard the right people for VEG and your hospital.
- Mentor and lead support staff by facilitating regular developmental meetings and providing educational opportunities and resources.
- Manage HR-related responsibilities in compliance with state and federal law.
- Market your hospital to prospective customers and the veterinary community by identifying and attending relevant local and regional events.
- Actively seek out customer feedback through in-person conversations, phone calls, and requests for surveys.
- Evaluate customer experience metrics to identify hospital successes and areas for growth, and to inform action plans.
Operations and Finances:
- Perform routine system maintenance and work with the appropriate departments to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ensure the hospital remains clean and in an orderly condition.
- Maintain inventory control, including controlled drugs, by monitoring product quantities, qualities, and price points.
- Implement hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA.
- Purchase equipment, as needed, to increase hospital efficiency and flow.
- Create non-doctor scheduling that adequately supports customer saturation and considers labor costs to budget.
- Ensure payroll is completed and submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage accounts receivable and cash on hand.
- Participate in regular financial meetings with your Medical Director, Regional Hospital Manager, and Regional Medical Director to understand cost analysis and to develop strategic plans to increase your hospital's overall profitability.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Leadership experience - scheduling staff, recruiting, training, facilitating developmental meetings, performance management, building effective teams, etc. for teams of 50+
- Financial management experience - full P&L oversight including budgeting, payroll, accounts receivable, .
- Operations management experience - inventory, facility management
- Emotional intelligence - self-awareness and a desire to be coached and to develop personally.
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- Health Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited CE
- Growth potential
- Groceries sent weekly, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG)Larkspur, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.