Customer Advocate - Ralph Ave / Brooklyn, NY
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
WHO WE ARE
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing emergency company with hospital locations across the United States. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are revolutionizing emergency medicine with a "customer first" mentality and a true, employee-centric work environment.
TALENT + CULTURE AT VEG
At VEG, we want people and their pets to feel safe, secure, and valued; we want our employees to feel the same way. What we're aiming to achieve on the customer side is equivalent in nature to what we want for our employees: to have the best experience possible. With the highest NPS score in our industry, we're ready to ensure that VEG remains the place where the best and brightest in the emergency world not only want to work, but stay and grow. For our customers and their pets, we strive to find a way to say, "yes." We do the same and more for our teams. In fact, VEG is one of this year's nominees for INC Magazine's Best Places to Work!
The Customer Advocate's role in our hospital is to shepherd pet parents through their entire experience. Customer Advocates obsess over creating incredible experiences for our customers. Their goal is to over-deliver at every customer touchpoint while making their visit feel incredibly welcoming, engaging, and safe. This unique opportunity allows you the chance to be a part of this disruptive veterinary care environment and change the way veterinary medicine is done forever.
WHO WE NEED
A successful Customer Advocate is outgoing, personable, and thrives in chaos. You are incredibly strong verbal communicators and know how to read people quickly. You have high emotional intelligence and are organized and time-oriented. You are a natural problem solver and are obsessed with innovating. You're passionate about delivering impeccable customer experiences and conduct yourself professionally in both your demeanor and presence. You are humble, yet assertive and know how to drive results. You analyze your prior performance and the performance of your peers and are thoughtful in implementing change to perfect the customer's entire experience at VEG.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your Mission: Define the customer's experience through Service, Focus, and Participation.
- Answer incoming calls immediately and with a smile
- Manage incoming customer communications (email, text messages, phone calls)
- Record call information accurately such, as referring vet information
- Ensure phone calls get transferred to a doctor quickly for anything medically related
- Stand & greet customers with warmth and urgency upon entrance to the hospital, announce their presence to the team, and get them checked in
- Monitor customer wait times and identify bottlenecks to improve the efficiency of our workflow to reduce future bottlenecks
- Offer them beverages or snacks, and find ways to deliver a unique and curated experience
- Listen to customers' needs with the intent to understand
- Take ownership of customer complaints, be empathetic, and work to resolve them quickly
- Anticipate any hiccups that might upset customers and get ahead of them to ensure business credibility and commitment to service
- Invite customers to provide feedback by completing a survey
- Collect and share positive feedback with the team, celebrate wins, and identify patterns in responses to improve our flow and efficiency
- Process payments, maintain the accuracy of customer's personal and financial records, as well as payment history and completion
- Accompany customers to the exit and thank them for trusting us with their pet's care
- Always find a creative way to say yes to our customer's needs
- Engage in conversations with customers while they are waiting
- Optimize customer satisfaction, wait time, and emergency room utilization by circulating the hospital and checking in with customers and the emergency care team
- Update or provide feedback to the nurses and doctors about customers needs
- Provide confidentiality and sensitivity around customer's personal and financial information and help them find the best financial solution to fit their needs
- Educate customers on end-of-life details such as cremation options
- Call/text customers 24 hours after their visit to follow up on their pet's care
- Ensure customers are invited to stay with their pet
- Initiate video chats between customers, their pet, and our team when they cannot be in the hospital
- Identify creative opportunities for customer participation in a valuable and safe way
- Celebrate and capture special moments, with permission from the customer
- Create a personalized experience for the customer and their pet
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service role
- Advanced proficiency in computer programs and practice management software
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with anyone and everyone
- Strong multitasking skills
- High emotional intelligence. You can 'read a room' and plan and act accordingly
- Adaptable and amenable in 'high stakes' environments
- A natural people pleaser
- Must present yourself with a professional and approachable demeanor
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation ($18.00 - $27.00 per hour)
- 401K w/ company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education (C.E.) opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Something new every day - you'll never be bored in emergency medicine
- We build our hospitals from scratch. You'l be using all of the latest equipment and technology.
- Generous employee pet discount
- Hospital stocked with fresh groceries and snacks, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, company-wide retreats, etc!
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG)New York, NY
BusinessView All Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.