How are we competitive?
At VeteransLoans.com, we have a team of intelligent, dedicated, and hardworking employees who are experts in the industry and strive for excellence each day. We serve our customers with the utmost respect and consistently remain competitive in the industry. You can feel confident with the support and knowledge of our team. Our leadership team includes managers with over 50 years of combined experience and most team members have over five years of experience.
What makes us special?
We have an engaging, casual, environment and offer company sponsored events. To help show our appreciation for our hard-working employees, we offer a competitive benefits package. This package includes medical insurance, as well as dental, vision, life, and so much more!
Job Description – What you will do.
We have been experiencing rapid growth for some time and we are now in need of additional support in our Finance Department. We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! We encourage all who are qualified and want to work with a dynamic and highly productive team to apply.
· Financial and expense analysis.
· Complete tasks for the financial close process, including accruals, allocations, general journal entries, and reconciliations.
· Analyze general ledger accounts.
· Process accounting transactions and assist with cash management accounting as needed.
· Reconcile mortgage-related assets and liability accounts.
· Review the team’s closing tasks for accuracy and completeness.
· Assist with various tax filing requirements, including 1099’s.
· Fulfill various government and industry financial reporting requirements.
· Assist Finance Manager with audit preparation and special projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in accounting.
- Degree in accounting is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn new operations, procedures, processes and accounting software.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work with high level of accuracy with detailed information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to articulate financial information to other staff members.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle information with utmost confidentiality.
- Punctuality and excellent attendance are critical.
VeteransLoans.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.