How are we competitive?
At VeteransLoans.com, we have a team of intelligent, dedicated, and hardworking employees who are experts in the industry and strive for excellence each day. We serve our customers with the utmost respect and consistently remain competitive in the industry. You can feel confident with the support and knowledge of our team. Our leadership team includes managers with over 50 years of combined experience and most team members have over five years of experience.
What makes us special?
We have an engaging, casual, environment and offer company sponsored events. To help show our appreciation for our hard-working employees, we offer a competitive benefits package. This package includes medical insurance, as well as dental, vision, life, and so much more!
Job Description – What you will do.
We have been experiencing rapid growth for some time and we are now in need of additional support in our Finance Department. We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our team! We encourage all who are qualified and want to work with a dynamic and highly productive team to apply.
· Process payroll, including entry of employee time records, wage computation, employee deductions, garnishments, per diem, and reimbursements.
· Review automated and manual time entries weekly.
· Input new employees into the payroll database and maintain current employee information.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for all staff inquiries regarding payroll
· Detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
· Prepare reports and payroll summaries for management as directed;
· Assist department with general accounting responsibilities.
· Assist Finance Manager with audit preparation and special projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least 1 to 2 years of experience in accounting and payroll.
· Degree in accounting is preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
· Ability to learn new operations, procedures, processes and accounting software.
· Ability to organize, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure.
· Ability to work with high level of accuracy with detailed information.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to articulate financial information to other staff members.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Demonstrated ability to handle information with utmost confidentiality.
· Punctuality and excellent attendance are critical.
VeteransLoans.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer