How are we competitive?
At VeteransLoans.com we have a team of intelligent, dedicated, and hardworking employees who are experts in the industry and strive for excellence each day. We serve our customers with the utmost respect and consistently remain competitive in the industry. You can feel confident with the support and knowledge of our team. Our leadership team includes managers with over 50 years combined experience and most team members have over five years of experience.
What makes us special?
We have an engaging, casual, environment and offer company sponsored events. To help show our appreciation for our hard-working employees, we offer a competitive benefits package. This package includes medical insurance, as well as dental, vision, life, and so much more!
Job Description – What you will do.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team! The ideal candidate will follow company policies and practices in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions. The Accountant position will work closely with the Executive Management Team performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and general ledgers. We encourage all who are qualified and want to work with a dynamic and highly productive team to apply.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Coordinate work on required financial audits including preparation of all supporting information as required by external auditors;
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems, software and complete and accurate supporting information as related to cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and petty cash;
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts;
- Develop and implement financial and tax strategies;
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets to ensure proper recordation, amortization and disposition as appropriate;
- Oversee the preparation of all finance related reporting activities and/or fiscal reports;
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of financial goals and business plans in accordance with the annual budget;
- Coordinate with other department heads and executive management team as required.
- Oversee the employee(s) of the Accounting Department to ensure all tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
- Hire additional Accounting personnel, if applicable.
- CPA with a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or finance is highly desired)
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year close process
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Punctuality and attendance are critical
- Excellent records and file management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Initiative to work on your own and continuously motivate yourself to stay on track and meet daily goals
VeteransLoans.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time