Veterans United Craft Brewery is looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent drinking experience for our guests. We are seeking candidates with a high standard for customer service and courtesy. The ideal candidate will also have broad knowledge of craft brewing and beer styles and will be able to engage with craft beer novices and experts alike. The candidate will gladly give brewery tours and excite customers about our brand, our brewery and our beers.
Passion for the craft beer industry and a strong commitment to personal integrity is a must.
- Hospitality or service industry experience preferred. Being a Veteran is a plus.
- High energy and excitement for our vision, our beers, and the craft beer industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of craft beer and be willing to learn about different beer styles and the overall brewing process.
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules; evening and weekend hours required.
- Be available to represent the brewery for special taproom events and for off-site activities such as beer and other festivals, charity events, client tours, etc.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Able to up sell and cross sell items: growlers, crowlers, t-shirts, ball caps, stickers, etc.
- Serve guests in a "can-do" fashion and engage them in polite conversation.
- Greet customers and provide information about products and looks for opportunity to " up-sell" products.
- Able to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
- Able to lift 35 pounds and transport kegs with a dolly.
- Dedicated to the position and demonstrates professionalism and integrity.
- Accountable, timely, and results-oriented.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Required Experience and Education
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent required; four-year college degree preferred.
- Former military service HIGHLY preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for craft beers and general knowledge and understanding of different beer styles.
- Strong communication and selling skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including professionalism with a customer service focus.
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Veterans United Craft Brewery
Why Work Here?Veterans United Craft Brewery is a Veteran owned and operated business located in Jacksonville, FL. The brewery was founded in 2013 and began production in the spring of 2014. We have a 20 bbl. brewhouse with six 40 bbl. fermentation vessels. The brewery operates a taproom and special events room for on-premise retail sales. Our beers are distributed in cans and kegs in several regions of Florida.
Work alongside people who are passionate about creating great craft beers and who are proud of their military service.