A global financial services company is seeking a Loan Fee Specialist (Entry-Level) for their office in Newark, DE.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Validate company’s loan origination fees related to Investment Bank / Commercial Bank / Private Bank & Dealer Commercial Services (Retail) deals. Fees are validated based on the calculations in executed legal documentation and the firm's Accounting Policy.
· On fully syndicated deals, calculate syndication fees in relation to the fees paid to the retail lenders.
· Prepare detailed fee write up for Financial Controllers on complex fees. Work with Controllers to determine the proper recognition of fees paid to company.
· Prepare fee templates to instruct Deal Closers on how the fees should be applied.
· Monitor and balance fees held awaiting disposition. Substantiate all outstanding balances.
· Be aware of and mitigate risk event possibilities. Ensure all outstanding fees are booked in the accounting systems in the correct month.
· Ensure all prior month adjustments as relates to fees are accounted for in SAP, within BD3.
· Prepare and distribute daily, weekly and monthly metric reports related to fees paid to company. These reports detail information on fees paid pending processing, documentation turnaround time, fees booked, processing times and reasons for delay, if any.
· Facilitate weekly metric conference calls with Financial Controllers, Business Representatives, Management, Deal Closers and Middle Office to discuss pipeline fees and documentation status.
· Undergraduate degree is strongly preferred but related job and industry experience can be accepted as a substitute. (2+ years)
· Must have experience reading and interpreting loan documentation or related experience dealing with documentation.
· Must be a team oriented individual.
· Must be highly organized with ability to manage a variety of tasks.
· Excellent communications skills oral and written.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and judgement skills
· General accounting knowledge
· Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)