ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out installations, calibrations, performance trials and acceptance tests for equipment.
- Provide technical support to remote equipment.
- Carry out ad hock and scheduled service on machines.
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Project management and execution of installations including calibrations of each contracted product type (meat, potatoes, etc.) optimizing customer resources and involvement.
- Execute automation projects associated with installations within Automation Process Procedures and in consultation with Senior Automation staff.
- Contribute to sales presentations and discussions as appropriate for selling the equipment and associated automation systems.
- Aid in the generation of support documentation for customers and support personnel.
- Liaises with Supply Chain and Sales staff to clarify all technical matters relating to the technical details in the sales proposal and subsequent order specifications.
- Manage and perform application support to the market and technical support to vendors as required.
- Connect with corporate based R&D engineers on component obsolescence and specification change issues.
- Maintain complete and secure engineering files on products in accordance with procedures.
- Approve customization of products to customer’s requirements.
- Local testing of new applications.
- Other support activities as assigned.
- Coordinate shipment/delivery for equipment and parts of all sales, trials, and trade show material, etc.
- Schedule installation services required for all equipment installations
- Document service visits, equipment configurations and services as performed and evaluated in the field
- Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering to establish and/or maintain proper assignment of part numbers and appropriate inventory levels at warehouse locations.
- Qualified candidates MUST have protein/meat processing or packaging experience.
- Military training or equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience in industrial technology and customer support.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Basic knowledge of process control and statistics
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Complete all required customer, management and engineering paperwork and/or data entry in a timely manner.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to converse effectively in the English language are necessary.
A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or industrial engineering is preferred.
Travel by car and by air, with overnight travel is required. Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 80 lbs.